[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Create Subdomain Not Working

Eqilux

I assume you have looked in the section outside of your htdocs folder in the root directory of your FTP files, since this is where your folders for the domains you have created will be.  In this graphic I have my " htdocs " folder underlined and three subdomains in red squares, this is where they will be.  You will upload in these.  I know you might know this but some do not, especially if they are new to hosting their own sites.

root directory.png

1 hour ago, SpeedyNet said:

I assume you have looked in the section outside of your htdocs folder in the root directory of your FTP files, since this is where your folders for the domains you have created will be.  In this graphic I have my " htdocs " folder underlined and three subdomains in red squares, this is where they will be.  You will upload in these.  I know you might know this but some do not, especially if they are new to hosting their own sites.

root directory.png

It is in the htdocs directory, but it still doesn't work.

8 hours ago, Eqilux said:

It is in the htdocs directory, but it still doesn't work.

Ok I think you are saying that when you create a subdomain you are just getting a page?  Can you provide a link to that page if possible so we can see it?  If I can see it I might know what it is, I have used iFastNet an Byethost for some years now and so I might have seen what you are talking about.

Just now, SpeedyNet said:

Ok I think you are saying that when you create a subdomain you are just getting a page?  Can you provide a link to that page if possible so we can see it?  If I can see it I might know what it is, I have used iFastNet an Byethost for some years now and so I might have seen what you are talking about.

forum.5starhosting.cf

Ok it looks like a starter landing page, but something is wrong with it, it is not completely loading and then redirects to a legacy url.  The host manager needs to fix that.  You should log into your folder for that subdomain and in its htdocs (for forum.5starhosting.cf ) you will see a file such as index.php or index2.php of index.htm (I forget if its html or php) and delete that and then install your chosen forum software for that link.  Ordinarily when you obtain a iFastNet or Byethost account and go to the site you see the following.

landing.jpg

Edited by SpeedyNet

You should note, in addition to what the user "SpeedyNet" mentioned, that when creating a sub-domain, there may be a time delay of up to 48 hours for the DNS propagation to be completed, that is, it may only be temporary the error, soon Your sub-domain will start working.

Another alternative would be to delete the subdomain and recreate it

It happens to me sometimes.

Edited by dlucas

I see something different now when I go to his page, its a page you get when do not get the domain name right that must have been what he was referring to, I have gotten these pages when I did not do my DNS account right.  I would do as dlucas says which is to delete the subdomain and recreate it and start over.  Of course it could just be a matter of the url as dlucas said not having yet propagated and so wait and if that was not the problem then try to recreate the subdomain.