[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Adventures In Webbing...

Guest CegsDesk

Guest CegsDesk
For the last 16 years I'd been with Active Webhosting. They have been an excellent host with above average support. However, they were only web space. They did not have cpanel, crons, etc. I've been paying the same amount all these years there....$10/mo. I recently got involved running a framework called HumHub. I needed a couple crons in order to do the notification mailouts so I went hunting for a new webhost. After looking at roughly 100+ webhosts I settled with byethost's free account. I tried that until I had 5 members on my site at one time and ran out of processes and so upgraded to the $4/mo premium account. The network is running great. My mailouts are going out...except I still can't get the once a day cron to run. I applied the SSL. I have to say support has been excellent. They quickly responded answering all my questions in language I can understand and with answers that just worked. I can't say enough for these guys. I'm considering upgrading yet again to one of their VPS plans. I know that's got to make support a little nervous. LOL. Seriously, though...I would highly recommend IFastNet to everyone I know looking for an above average webhost.

Guest xayan123
Thank you CegsDesk for your kind words. We appreciate you for staying with us. Its been a pleasure being your favorite web host.

Guest CegsDesk
I know this will make you guys nervous but I'm strongly leaning toward upgrading from the Premium account to a VPS. Can I redirect my current domain which is held elsewhere? Domain name is cegulsnest.com currently held by Active Webhosting at [url]https://activewebhosting.com[/url]. Would there be a charge for this? Also, what do I need to be aware of as far as getting my sites set back up? Will the VPS have the OS and a LAMP package already installed? Will I have crons available? Will I be able to run email from there? Is that something you setup from there? I've been running Linux at home and currently use Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit which is built on Ubuntu and am fairly familiar with that system. Thanks guys...y'all are great!