[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Homepage does not open

Hello everyone, I have a problem ! I have uploaded the homepage, including index.html ! But it does not open the homepage, but the directory list !
What did I do wrong ? Can you help me please ? That would be very nice of you ! Thanks a lot and all the best ! Greetings Michi

11 hours ago, MichiWels2020 said:

Hello, thanks for the info ! Strangely, there were no folders inside ! I have now created a folder htdocs ! Did I do that correctly ? Can I copy the homepage in there now ? Sorry for the stupid question ! Greetings Michi

When you will first open your file manager from vPanel, then you will find htdocs folder. Open it and upload your index.html file there. However, if you added subdomain or custom domain as an addon domain later, then you will find folder like domain.tld open it and in it you will find htdocs folder where you have to upload your index.html file.

Also, kindly share your domain name with us if problem persists.

12 hours ago, MichiWels2020 said:

Hello, thanks for the info ! Strangely, there were no folders inside ! I have now created a folder htdocs ! Did I do that correctly ? Can I copy the homepage in there now ? Sorry for the stupid question ! Greetings Michi

You need not add a sub directory inside htdocs unless you want it! You can upload the index.html file inside the htdocs folder, and then if you open your site url you should be able to see the index page of your website if everything is right.