[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Getting Client Details with JS

Dog2puppy

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this post but maybe my solution can help someone in the future. Two approaches to this problem are:

1. What I did was create a separate login and registration service and stored all website passwords in my own database. After that when the user clicked the site.pro website builder link on my website control panel (not vpanel) it would automatically load the website builder as the password was already in place. This is one approach (you can look at my implementation here: https://ninth.me/).

Second approach is to create a popup dialog using bootstrap modal for styling or simple javascript dialogs inside of your cpanel.example.com and have the user enter their cpanel password. Then, use a POST request using javascript and send it to a PHP file in example.com which will then establish a connection to site.pro and redirect the user to the website builder.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, selamhosting said:

this forum is not a support forum, I guess nobody is supporting each other

If you are thinking that people in this forum will help you with whmcs or custom scripts then you are wrong. I was also same as you searching for help but no one helped me. If you want to do anything then just dig website and see how they work and learn how to code if you want custom script or hire a developer for what you want.

4 hours ago, BSthuliwal said:

I know but the main reason for them not helping is that they do not want to increase competition.

Actually, I'm OK with helping people and I think most people are. However, there is a difference between "helping" and "doing your work for you".

If you are using the API or the API client and get stuck with a specific implementation detail, I'm happy to talk to you. But, for example, if you come to me saying you downloaded the API client zip file and don't know what to do next, I will not help you (try following the installation instructions first).

And I, as well as pretty much anyone else ever, will not give away for free the project they invested a lot of time and effort in because you are unwilling to invest the same time and effort.

I'm happy to help people, but I will help people who got stuck, who tried hard to solve the issue themselves but didn't end up solving it themselves. I will not help people who are too lazy to learn or do work themselves.

It's possible to build a client area without any implementation assistance. I did so, which means you can too.

1 hour ago, InfinityFree said:

Actually, I'm OK with helping people and I think most people are. However, there is a difference between "helping" and "doing your work for you".

If you are using the API or the API client and get stuck with a specific implementation detail, I'm happy to talk to you. But, for example, if you come to me saying you downloaded the API client zip file and don't know what to do next, I will not help you (try following the installation instructions first).

And I, as well as pretty much anyone else ever, will not give away for free the project they invested a lot of time and effort in because you are unwilling to invest the same time and effort.

I'm happy to help people, but I will help people who got stuck, who tried hard to solve the issue themselves but didn't end up solving it themselves. I will not help people who are too lazy to learn or do work themselves.

It's possible to build a client area without any implementation assistance. I did so, which means you can too.

you're right but if someone want help with a small piece of code then can you help.

40 minutes ago, BSthuliwal said:

i think it is possible to change the output with js.

But i mean, if the callback url is used to sync the data in the cpanel server with the one on the whmcs, there shouldnt be any problems. No changes would need to be made. ( unless it doesn't work the way I think it works )

9 hours ago, mike said:

But i mean, if the callback url is used to sync the data in the cpanel server with the one on the whmcs, there shouldnt be any problems. No changes would need to be made. ( unless it doesn't work the way I think it works )

means i have to get help with the api module to get desired output.

6 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

The custom username thing is specific to MyOwnFreeHost and not part of the WHM API spec, so WHMCS does not support it out of the box. And WHMCS is fully encrypted with ionCube so.... good luck with that.

But i had already decoded the ioncube encryption and made some changes but what i was demanding was not happening because i was not able to change to get what main thing i want.