[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

php.ini - how do you edit it?

kevin420

11 hours ago, kevin420 said:

I know where it is: /etc/php70/php.ini. But I don't how to edit it.

If im not wrong, this is not posible to be edited, unless you are using your own dedicated or vps server.

This is because its a php setting that would affect any website that is hosted on the same server your website is.

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2017 at 6:15 PM, mike said:

If im not wrong, this is not posible to be edited, unless you are using your own dedicated or vps server.

This is because its a php setting that would affect any website that is hosted on the same server your website is.

php.ini can be modified on premium shared hosting whereas it can't fully be modified on free hosting.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:45 PM, Admin said:

what are you wanting to change, and what hosting plan are you using ? 

He pasted it in Free Hosting Forum, so he is probably referring to there.

On 5/29/2017 at 2:08 PM, InfinityFree said:

Can you find the file in the file manager?

Probably not, unless he used a special file manager.

2 hours ago, Aqib said:

php.ini can be modified on premium shared hosting whereas it can't fully be modified on free hosting.

I don't think this is completely correct, the same problem exists also here, because both free and premium hosting servers are shared, so it would have the same impact that @mike mentioned.

On 5/29/2017 at 4:15 PM, mike said:

Right Answer, I believe!

59 minutes ago, PCTipsGR said:

I don't think this is completely correct, the same problem exists also here, because both free and premium hosting servers are shared, so it would have the same impact that @mike mentioned.

No, i am using premium shared hosting services and there i am able to modify php.ini files from control panel easily.