[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Review: I lost data by trusting Byethost, now as a recovery

I need help eh much lost with this hard reset in my account.
I have nothing. I need a backup of sti.servitecposadas.com
B13_16850810

I have been using, recommending and developing web development for more than 3 years and have put confidence in the brand.

Unable to login to FTP server 185.27.134.11 with username b13_16850810.

Are you sure your username and password are correct? Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

I request support, I need the copy of my data.

Tiket Support result:

Error !!!
Please enter your last invoice number from securesignup.net in the 'Invoice No' box, if you do not have a premium account please enter 'NA' in this field.

I need the data of my account which has been open for a long time
Now I have nothing, there is no longer all the work that has taken me many months to complete

Edited by [email protected]

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

B13_16850810

I have been using, recommending and developing web development for more than 3 years and have put confidence in the brand.

Are you sure your username and password are correct? Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Tiket Support result:

Error !!!
Please enter your last invoice number from securesignup.net in the 'Invoice No' box, if you do not have a premium account please enter 'NA' in this field.

Now I have nothing, there is no longer all the work that has taken me many months to complete

As far as im aware you are responsible for having backups of your site in safe place. Inside the server hdd failures can happen, and if you are using free hosting, you are the only one responsible of backups.

If you are using paid hosting, i think is exactly the same. They dont put they will make automated backups for you and save them anywhere. ( if im wrong, please link me to the page )

Anyways, if you have this kind of problems, open a ticket, and if you are using free hosting put NA and there shouldnt be any problems.

44 minutes ago, Admin said:

To clarify, premium hosting we take a weekly backup, free hosting you need to take your own backups

As always though its 'your' data, and if you value it take your own backups as a matter of process.

Thanks for clarifying :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, [email protected] said:

B13_16850810

Tiket Support result:

Error !!!

Hi, if your account is suspended that you will not able to access FTP server. You can create a support ticket to re-activate your account from the VPanel.

You are responsible for the backups of your free hosting server as free hosting features doesn't include any type of auto backup feature. It's your responsibility to backup your data off site the server.

I think that there is no need for support for free hosting account you can create a ticket without entering invoice no aur simply by putting N/A in the invoice field.

You can see the list of features of free hosting by byet.host which doesn't include any auto backup data feature. Only for premium account's iFastNet create auto backup.

• 6 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Admin said:

To clarify, premium hosting we take a weekly backup, free hosting you need to take your own backups

As always though its 'your' data, and if you value it take your own backups as a matter of process.

Hi, is this service for premium users still available up to this date? Thanks for the feedback soon.

1 hour ago, Mauwiks said:

Hi, is this service for premium users still available up to this date? Thanks for the feedback soon.

There is the cPanel backup utility whereas you cna set up a cron job to automatically take backups I think, as for the other it would be better to ask support.