[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MOFH API HELP

Subhendu

@Mauwiks and @Arcenas090.

I believe you have to offer him a lot more than just $250 (USD).
He is making lot's of money (Atleast with my calculations) than that per month and why would he sell it to you at that price if he could make more?
*Assuming you will also take away his customers or something simmilar.

Also by selling it, he also has the risk of :

• You could resell the client area.
  • You could gave the client area to someone else.
  • Opened how IF Client Area was engineered and might can be exploited.

So you should offer something that he couldn't make in a month or year and it should be considered "Good".

3 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

He is making lot's of money (Atleast with my calculations) than that per month and why would he sell it to you at that price if he could make more?

So you should offer something that he couldn't make in a month or year and it should be considered "Good".

Noted, @PlanetCloud.

Thanks for the idea! 

In regards to the selling part, I don't think I would do this kind of stuff. I don't like the idea of reselling something that I did not make from scratch nor anything I did not put in the work with. And if ever I get a deal with @InfinityFree in the future, it would only be limited for a personal interest usage for optimizing my desired free web hosting service, nothing else. It's kinda embarassing to sell something that is not yours. I just don't like the idea. Crap. ?

Edited by Mauwiks

As mentioned on our conversation the last time, it is way better that the service provider or project owner decide a possible package to offer or define a standard (or can be optional) proposal on what he could offer because he is much more aware of the software, unlike the client (which is me for example). And what I only know is that I want to use it on my own. And the dead-end question is How (?) can I get it at a one step convenience, regardless of the price.

2 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

Noted, @PlanetCloud.

Thanks for the idea! 

In regards to the selling part, I don't think I would do this kind of stuff. I don't like the idea of reselling something that I did not make from scratch nor anything I did not put in the work with. And if ever I get a deal with @InfinityFree in the future, it would only be limited for a personal interest usage for optimizing my desired free web hosting service, nothing else. It's kinda embarassing to sell something that is not yours. I just don't like the idea. Crap. ?

Some people think this way while others not.

2 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

As mentioned on our conversation the last time, it is way better that the service provider or project owner decide a possible package to offer or define a standard (or can be optional) proposal on what he could offer because he is much more aware of the software, unlike the client (which is me for example). And what I only know is that I want to use it on my own. And the dead-end question is How (?) can I get it at a one step convenience, regardless of the price.

As what InfinityFree was saying, he did not plan to sell his Client Area and therefore no need to create those package.

I believe the client area is a bit advanced and how it was engineered was great.
And I do believe that this client area took months to built and lots of data to built it this complete.

Edited by PlanetCloud

13 minutes ago, PlanetCloud said:

Some people think this way while others not.

As what InfinityFree was saying, he did not plan to sell his Client Area and therefore no need to create those package.

I believe the client area is a bit advanced and how it was engineered was great.
And I do believe that this client area took months to built and lots of data to built it this complete.

Agree to all. :ph34r:

The more I think about this, the more I think it was a bad idea to say I would be willing to sell without having a clear strategy in mind.

22 hours ago, PCTipsGR said:

Maybe something like Blesta pricing with your modifications (higher / lower) ?

The Blesta company makes money by selling to a large number of hosters. I don't have that big of a market to appeal to. It's a specialty product, and specialty products always are more expensive because of this.

Instead, it should be compared to what it would cost to commission a similar piece of software from a professional software development company. Which I guess would be in the higher 4 figure to lower 5 figure sums. No lower 3 figures, like with Blesta.

Basically, if you expect it to be similar to a generic hosting billing system with some mods, don't buy my panel.

That is why I believe @Mauwiks could sent (via PM of course) an amount which can pay for the software and seems reasonable, and @InfinityFree to either decline or approve it, and then if not succesful make a higher offer and so on..

That was pretty much my initial idea, yes.

A simple update system which pushes updates to the software, feature request to be sent via PM.

There is no built-in update checker in the software. I don't have a service which can serve the updates. Everything right now is managed through source control and complex deployment scripts. The software doesn't get any version numbers, I deploy whenever I change something with a highly variable deployment rate (from 10 times in one day to a month without changes). All of this can be changed, but would take a considerable effort to do so. So much so I would have to investigate exploitation strategies in the first place.

Using the PM system of a forum from another company is a bad idea to submit feature requests, but people have long ago designed something called an "issue tracker" or "bug tracker" which is specifically designed for this. But submitting the ideas are the easy part. It's what happens next is the hard part.

Right now, I can build, edit or remove whatever aspect of the software I want, whenever I want. When I have other people purchasing the software from me, do they get rights to features? Do I have to discuss or get permission to make changes? Can they demand demand X features to be implemented within Y time?

16 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Good point! By adopting my panel, I can pretty much expect to lose customers because of it.

And while I don't know what number you figured out, I can guarantee that $250 is nowhere near enough to compensate for the risk in lost revenue because of competition.

12 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

Noted, @PlanetCloud.

Thanks for the idea! 

Sure, you say you won't share it, but I would just have to take your word for it. But right now, I can control exactly where the codebase is and how it's protected. As soon as I give it to anyone else, I risk other people leaking it, either through malice (purposely sharing it with others) or incompetence (failing to protect a server).

12 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

I agree, this would all be a lot easier if I already had a clear business strategy on how to sell this software. Which I don't, and only casually said that it's not unthinkable that I would sell the software for others to use.

I have put some thought into the matter in the past, but regardless of how I offer it, I would need to make substantial technical changes to make the system usable for others. These changes cost a lot of time and effort to implement, and add absolutely zero value for my direct customers.

10 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Yes, it's quite hard to operate. If you're not an experienced sysadmin (or me (I am also a professional sysadmin)), you're going to have a hard time running it yourself.

And wow, the years of trial and error which went into it to get the workflows right. I must have redesigned and rebuilt the suspension handling code at least half a dozen times to send users the right message at the right time. The current system is maybe half a year old, which is probably a record.

9 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

And wow, the years of trial and error which went into it to get the workflows right. I must have redesigned and rebuilt the suspension handling code at least half a dozen times to send users the right message at the right time. The current system is maybe half a year old, which is probably a record.

We may have the same API, but we don't have the same engineering skills xD

Also @PCTipsGR since this was built by InfinityFree for InfinityFree, I don't expect any cool or complete control panel.
I bet most of the time, changes needs to be done at the source level.

But with that said, I think it would be nice if you could share a diagram of how the suspension system works because the WHM API message tends to be messy.
Either a diagram or infographics like : If WHM API responded X, check if Y or Z and do N. OR Get WHM Response, first switch X then check Y then do Z.

On 21/9/2018 at 5:30 AM, PlanetCloud said:

Also @PCTipsGR since this was built by InfinityFree for InfinityFree, I don't expect any cool or complete control panel.
I bet most of the time, changes needs to be done at the source level.

I also do not expect a complete client area with an admin area where you can edit settings and check for updates. :D 

I bet that most of the times changes are done in the source level and that since the client area is improving each day/week/month, changes are frequent and that is why an update system would not work so well, plus it would require a lot resources and it would be very annoying for the manager (to have to install updates 10 times in a day)

Okay Everyone!

This topic was created on June 16, 2017, by @Subhendu, and I believe that his topic has been answered.

If you want to ask questions or ask for help with @InfinityFree's script, create a new topic or PM him. Stop reviving old ones.

Actually, I was the one that revived this at first just to claim that @BSthuliwal answer was not correct, and then all that happened. Sorry for the mess I caused.

21 hours ago, PCTipsGR said:

Okay Everyone!

This topic was created on June 16, 2017, by @Subhendu, and I believe that his topic has been answered.

If you want to ask questions or ask for help with @InfinityFree's script, create a new topic or PM him. Stop reviving old ones.

Actually, I was the one that revived this at first just to claim that @BSthuliwal answer was not correct, and then all that happened. Sorry for the mess I caused.

I'm happy to help. Just don't use PMs for that please. Either create a topic on here, or use the Issues section on the GitHub repository.

Actually @InfinityFree's Script is easy to use (After knowing OOP)....
But the way you engineer it will be the diffrence!.

Like :
To create account, use this code A,
To suspend account, use this code B,
To unsuspend account, use this code C,
Etc...

BUT, how you built the system that protects the data and database, how you engineer your own admin panel, how you engineer the suspension system and many more is the real challange, not "How to install composer" or "How to use this without composer".

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sajidkhanrock said:

When project QUID ready

Well, in case you didn't read, there is a server maintainance ongoing at the moment so @PlanetDevNetwork developers might have trouble trying to work on it simply because the MOFH system will have some bugs :D 

Also, they are developing it but security issues and vulnerabilities found are reasons to slow down the project, as well as the developers realizing there is something wrong with the code that needs full rewrite.

To summarize: We can't know for sure. Neither developers can.

When it is ready, you will be notified, if you follow the Project QUID thread, or from Discord. There will be an announcement in the thread by @PlanetCloud.

This question was asked multiple times before and received no answer.

• 3 months later...
On 06/10/2018 at 7:34 PM, PCTipsGR said:

Well, in case you didn't read, there is a server maintainance ongoing at the moment so @PlanetDevNetwork developers might have trouble trying to work on it simply because the MOFH system will have some bugs :D 

Also, they are developing it but security issues and vulnerabilities found are reasons to slow down the project, as well as the developers realizing there is something wrong with the code that needs full rewrite.

To summarize: We can't know for sure. Neither developers can.

When it is ready, you will be notified, if you follow the Project QUID thread, or from Discord. There will be an announcement in the thread by @PlanetCloud.

This question was asked multiple times before and received no answer.

I kinda missed this reply...

To keep you updated, QUID is kinda being hold for now. Since newer LOGGED version could serve as a client area (it remembers your username and optionally can remember your password locally.).

Current we had a handful of projects to work on including LOGGED. As you can see on our Discord @PCTipsGR.