[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Add Let's Encrypt free SSL to each resellers account

Currently all pages are self-signed by default, and useless to say that Cloudflare doesn't quite works well with reseller hosting accounts. So, if each account is by default made secure through Let's Encrypt free SSL then it would really help the reseller admins.

Best Regards,

Shouvik Mitra.

It appears that they have started to use Lets encrypt certs at least for the Cpanel logins. I logged in today and noticed that it didn't pop up the usual error and when I checked there was a certificate that had been issued on 8 June. There is an announcement on the forums from 3 June to say they were starting to roll it out. They just need to fix the login form so it will work with SSL enabled then it will look a lot better than customers getting warning messages about it not being secure.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:23 AM, BSthuliwal said:

This is not possible I had contacted them because this feature is only for premium accounts.

Which makes no sense. Let's Encrypt provides free SSL certs to web hosts (not taking to account that you can donate money to them)

So this really puzzles me to be honest. Why put a price on something that is free?

I have spoken to support team and they have said that SSL is on the way for all accounts. including free ones! I do not have a specific date since they them self aren't sharing that info. But now it is just a matter of waiting a bit more.

Hope this helped! If it did leave a like!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 2:24 AM, Wondering said:

Which makes no sense. Let's Encrypt provides free SSL certs to web hosts (not taking to account that you can donate money to them)

So this really puzzles me to be honest. Why put a price on something that is free?

Where do you see a price being put on Let's Encrypt. You get a service completely for free with some restrictions, but complain when the restrictions restrict something you wouldn't have to pay for separately otherwise. You don't upgrade just to get Let's Encrypt, you upgrade to get many benefits.

Hosting is not free, even though you get it for free. Even Let's Encrypt is not completely free, it's funded by sponsors so you can get the certificates without payment.

3 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

Where do you see a price being put on Let's Encrypt. You get a service completely for free with some restrictions, but complain when the restrictions restrict something you wouldn't have to pay for separately otherwise. You don't upgrade just to get Let's Encrypt, you upgrade to get many benefits.

Hosting is not free, even though you get it for free. Even Let's Encrypt is not completely free, it's funded by sponsors so you can get the certificates without payment.

Sponsors decide to give Let's Encrypt funds. But technically it is not required. Let's Encrypt is 100% FREE. Now if you decide to donate that is a different matter. If you wanna donate it does not mean Let's Encrypt is not free. Because donating is a choice not a requirement. So my point is if a service is 100% free then it would really hurt to have it on the free plan. And actually since Let's Encrypt is only in paid plans technically you are paying for it even though it's free. @InfinityFree

15 hours ago, DeluxeHost said:

Sponsors decide to give Let's Encrypt funds. But technically it is not required. Let's Encrypt is 100% FREE. Now if you decide to donate that is a different matter. If you wanna donate it does not mean Let's Encrypt is not free. Because donating is a choice not a requirement. So my point is if a service is 100% free then it would really hurt to have it on the free plan. And actually since Let's Encrypt is only in paid plans technically you are paying for it even though it's free. @InfinityFree

If your friend buys a pen and gives it to you, it's not a free pen. Your friend paid for it, so the pen is definitely not free. You got the pen for free, but the pen itself is not free.

Let's Encrypt is not free. Sponsors paid for it so you don't have to. You get the certificates for free, but the certificates themselves are not free.

6 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

If your friend buys a pen and gives it to you, it's not a free pen. Your friend paid for it, so the pen is definitely not free. You got the pen for free, but the pen itself is not free.

Let's Encrypt is not free. Sponsors paid for it so you don't have to. You get the certificates for free, but the certificates themselves are not free.

That's different @InfinityFree You can decide to be a sponsor to Let's Encrypt its not required. While the person who gave the pen away either had to pay for it or steal it. Also for the friend that got the pen it was free for them. Because that didn't pay a penny.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, DeluxeHost said:

That's different @InfinityFree You can decide to be a sponsor to Let's Encrypt its not required. While the person who gave the pen away either had to pay for it or steal it. Also for the friend that got the pen it was free for them. Because that didn't pay a penny.

People pay for Let's Encrypt. Whether you as an individual choose to pay does not affect your ability to use the service (which makes it different from the pen example), but Let's Encrypt is paid for nonetheless. If none of the sponsors would pay for Let's Encrypt, it could not exist. Ergo, it's not free.

Anyways, the point I was trying to make is that a free service generally is not free. Free hosting is not free, there are real servers with real software maintained by real people, all of which cost money. With free hosting, it's paid for by paying customers (who choose to upgrade, just like the Let's Encrypt sponsors choose to donate) and advertisers. If there are no advertisers and no-one upgrades, the free hosting cannot exist.

So to the point of "why put a price tag on something that's free", it's because free hosting and free SSL certificates are not free, it's paid for by the people who upgrade. Someone needs to pay for it, and iFastNet has chosen that the people who want to use Let's Encrypt certificates need to pay for it.

@InfinityFree exactly, also there is an additional burndon on our servers terminating ssl connections / adding extra configs to support the ssl termination making it not free to provide as it has a hit on cpu / ram on the said hosting servers (meaning more servers, and more cost for us to maintain).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/7/2017 at 3:19 PM, accelleratii incredibus said:

Any news on this topic?

Also:

can we use SSH, on free hosting (vistaPanel)

No, you cannot. Running SSH is basically having root access to the server, meaning you can run commands on it and do practically whatever you want in your permission area. Giving SSH access with a free hosting account is not a good idea as people would destroy the servers with this feature. Most of the time, SSH access comes with VPS and dedicated servers, and it is very rare to see it in shared hosting because of this.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2017 at 5:30 PM, BSthuliwal said:

Why use default form use whmcs or create your own client managment system. I you want to see example check infinityfree.net, profreehost.com and geekbiz.tk.

I think that infinityfree and prohost are not using WHMCS but they are using the way that WHMCS uses to create accounts of users on their own client area.

Am I Write @InfinityFree ?

On 7/14/2017 at 5:24 AM, Wondering said:

Let's Encrypt is Totally free and you can donate to them if you want which will help them to keep their services running

5 hours ago, Aqib said:

I have one question can i add remote login system using the code myownfreehost provided in client area in WHMCS for autologin system instead of whmcs default login to cpanel system.

I'm not sure if that part of the WHMCS source code is encrypted ( or if you are even allowed to modify it ).

But if you can, and you are allowed to; You should be able to do so.

On 2/25/2018 at 6:07 AM, mike said:

I'm not sure if that part of the WHMCS source code is encrypted ( or if you are even allowed to modify it ).

But if you can, and you are allowed to; You should be able to do so.

I will search about it and see the WHMCS files. I saw that all files of WHMCS are encrypted but not sure about it. I will try to do that. If i got success in doing that than i will share the method here via video tutorial.

Thanks