[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

WP installation

Guido

i received the free hosting activation alright, with MYURL and MYCPANELURL

As per instructions, I installed WP folders and files inside the folder "htdocs", in a proper subdirectory called "wordpress" (I guess the complete address is "MYURL/htdocs/wordpress", right? I can't see it nowhere).

The problem is that when I put the address MYURL/htdocs/wordpress/wp-admin (or similar) it wouldn't open anything, giving me the error 404 (page not found) all the times.

What did I do wrong?

41 minutes ago, Guido said:

i received the free hosting activation alright, with MYURL and MYCPANELURL

As per instructions, I installed WP folders and files inside the folder "htdocs", in a proper subdirectory called "wordpress" (I guess the complete address is "MYURL/htdocs/wordpress", right? I can't see it nowhere).

The problem is that when I put the address MYURL/htdocs/wordpress/wp-admin (or similar) it wouldn't open anything, giving me the error 404 (page not found) all the times.

What did I do wrong?

Go to MYURL/wordpress instead, the htdocs is a system folder that you can't browse to with a web browser.

On 10/8/2017 at 10:53 AM, Ulti said:

Vaya a MYURL / wordpress en su lugar, el htdocs es una carpeta del sistema que no puede buscar con un navegador web.

is MYURL/htdocs/wp/wp-admin 

You can do the installation again to leave it in the main directory only change in the directory when you do the installation instead of wp / leave it blank or remove it so it will be installed in the main directory