[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Trying to setup SSL with comodo.. but webmail is not receiving messages

whatbytes

It states that I need to add this From (email accounts) "mx.byethost15.com" to the mx records section, upon visiting that section it shows that my domain already has one setup by default. In fact all of the domains have a similar default mx record related to the site name. From (mx records) I added the suggested with priority of 10, now there are two listed. I do not believe that this did anything.

I recently enabled cloud flare, seems like the norm. Maybe that is interfering with receiving emails?

I am able to send out emails to my gmail addresses, but they come as [email protected] via freemail.byetcluster.com which looks horrid. The byet hosting mentions there is free webmail, but what I have here does not look right.

So I am unable to finish, or at least test this SSL verification because unable to receive a message to inbox

27 minutes ago, whatbytes said:

It states that I need to add this From (email accounts) "mx.byethost15.com" to the mx records section, upon visiting that section it shows that my domain already has one setup by default. In fact all of the domains have a similar default mx record related to the site name. From (mx records) I added the suggested with priority of 10, now there are two listed. I do not believe that this did anything.

I recently enabled cloud flare, seems like the norm. Maybe that is interfering with receiving emails?

I am able to send out emails to my gmail addresses, but they come as [email protected] via freemail.byetcluster.com which looks horrid. The byet hosting mentions there is free webmail, but what I have here does not look right.

So I am unable to finish, or at least test this SSL verification because unable to receive a message to inbox

The best way to solve this is to configure the email so that it goes trough another company like gmail, yandex...

3 hours ago, whatbytes said:

So there is no proper way to do this through the webmail? seems odd that webmail won't work, why even have it.

Not sure, i think the webmail only works ( as configured by default ) for emails inside the byet network. But as I said - I'm not sure -

Anyways, it ain't that big of a hassle.