[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Is it a rule that every Premium hosting has it's own forum?

flaxdaya

I've been using an Ifastnet premium hosting for a year , and then I was curious about this forum and I signed up. This is my first post!

I noticed many forums for different hosting services, and seems that it is like a rule to have a forum. Is it a rule for every hosting service to have a forum? If so, then I don't know why it took me a lot to realize it and finding the ifastnet forum D:

By the way, I tried to open the chatbox but is not working for me D: Do you have an idea why?

5 hours ago, flaxdaya said:

I've been using an Ifastnet premium hosting for a year , and then I was curious about this forum and I signed up. This is my first post!

I noticed many forums for different hosting services, and seems that it is like a rule to have a forum. Is it a rule for every hosting service to have a forum? If so, then I don't know why it took me a lot to realize it and finding the ifastnet forum D:

By the way, I tried to open the chatbox but is not working for me D: Do you have an idea why?

To be able to write something in the chat box, you need to have a minimum amount of posts per week ( I think you need around 12-15 posts )

• 2 months later...

I'd say that NOT having a forum is the rule. Most premium hosting providers don't have a forum as far as I can tell.

After all, why would you need one? With premium hosting, you purchase a service and if you need help you send an email to support. And for doing announcements, social media is usually preferable because more people casually check Facebook than their hosting provider's forum. So only the people looking to mingle are left. And in my experience, the percentage of people interested in that is extremely small  and nowhere near enough to build a viable community. Just look at this forum for example: only 7 topics in Premium Hosting have seen any activity in the last YEAR.

With free hosting provider, it's different because the ticket support is either limited or non-existent so the forum becomes an important support tool.

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 8:41 PM, InfinityFree said:

I'd say that NOT having a forum is the rule. Most premium hosting providers don't have a forum as far as I can tell.

After all, why would you need one? With premium hosting, you purchase a service and if you need help you send an email to support. And for doing announcements, social media is usually preferable because more people casually check Facebook than their hosting provider's forum. So only the people looking to mingle are left. And in my experience, the percentage of people interested in that is extremely small  and nowhere near enough to build a viable community. Just look at this forum for example: only 7 topics in Premium Hosting have seen any activity in the last YEAR.

With free hosting provider, it's different because the ticket support is either limited or non-existent so the forum becomes an important support tool.

You may need it because the support for some reason would not be working, just like now with iFastnet Support (I have created ticket before 2-3 hours and still no response)

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2018 at 7:22 PM, PCTipsGR said:

You may need it because the support for some reason would not be working, just like now with iFastnet Support (I have created ticket before 2-3 hours and still no response)

BTW @PCTipsGR is that Admin from InfinityFree?

I'm pretty sure it's him. 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, PCTipsGR said:

What makes they think that if they don't respond to your ticket, they would respond to your forum post?

Also, note that some issues take a bit longer to be handled because they require specialized staff. With most companies, L1/L2 support can be available 24/7, but specialized tech staff is only available Mo-Fr 9-5. 

4 minutes ago, InfinityFree said:

What makes they think that if they don't respond to your ticket, they would respond to your forum post?

Also, note that some issues take a bit longer to be handled because they require specialized staff. With most companies, L1/L2 support can be available 24/7, but specialized tech staff is only available Mo-Fr 9-5. 

I know that, but it seems like at that specific day when I made the post the staff was very busy.

Also, if we are taling about the problem, I am sure about that they WON'T respond here, simply because the Admins and Mods are inactive!