New gTLDs

Guest opensim
I would like to hear peoples thoughts about the new generic TLDs soon to be introduced. I understand there are 700 approved and ready to go, including such gems as .shop .golf .sex .church .car .blog .news .web .bank .bot .dot .fail .lol .wtf .gay .islam .sport .group .singles and so on .something for everyone it seems. Some see this as a new land rush like the original dotcom rush only somewhat watered down, others see it as "try hard" attempt at getting in on the action which will ultimately fail leaving lots of people out of pocket, however many savvy investors are preregistering some one-off names which will obviously be worth something to someone. Creative and corny, Business and valuable, come on someone has got to see the fun in a domain like dot.dot confusing as it may (will) become someone has locked in dotdot.dot, ok thats fine until you have to spell your web address to someone, "ok its www dot dot dot dot dot", haha wheres the real dot? I have to admit I have preregistered a couple for my future speculation. What will it do to the value of existing .com What will the value of a domain like NewYork.hotel or mens.golf because remember these are still one-offs.
Guest Jean-Luc Picard
I have not heard of this before, but some of those look like they'd be very interesting to see. I do not think that they will have any effect on the value of the standard TLD's. Picard out...
  • 1 year later...
Guest hostddl
Yes new domain extension have been released and i don't like it personally you can check all new extension here : [URL="http://domain.hostddl.pw/domain-registration/domain-registration-price.php"]http://domain.hostddl.pw/domain-registration/domain-registration-price.php a[/URL]s you can see there are very expensive. domain name extension like .com .net .org will be more valuable because the new domain extension will not work very well they are too long and hard to remember. anyway we will see in 20 years if our children will adopt them. best regards, hostddl
  • 1 year later...
Guest Cammygirl192
I do not mean to bump this, but while I feel the new gTLDs will help boost SEO rankings and make for a more semantic web, several gTLDs are redundant or useless.
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Administrator
Indeed Burke. Look at you, for example. You recently got a .host domain, which the majority of people would have no need for, but some people do. Cammy, you have to remember, what's one person's trash, is another's treasure. Fits in well, with TLD's, in many ways.
Guest DanielLee5
The domains are cool and not trivial. I'd like to have a website with a rare domain, too. Going to launch a blog ( with templates from [COLOR=#1155cc][FONT=helvetica][U][URL]http://www.templatemonster.com/blog/construction-wordpress-themes-best-of-2016/[/URL][/U][/FONT][/COLOR] ), I will definitely check this domain provider.
  • 360 locked this topic