[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Free Account eMail set up not working?

Hi I just opened a site and I offer free hosting. For testing I added a site and I can not add any email accounts to the subdomain name 

My site is abstractartist.xyz and the site I added is artsitview.abstractartist.xyz 

It's telling me to add a parked or addon domain. How do I do that?

1 hour ago, abstractartist said:

Hi I just opened a site and I offer free hosting. For testing I added a site and I can not add any email accounts to the subdomain name 

My site is abstractartist.xyz and the site I added is artsitview.abstractartist.xyz 

It's telling me to add a parked or addon domain. How do I do that?

Basically what its telling you, is that you need to add a domain ( as you are using a subdomain ) to your account ( not to your reseller one, but to the testing account ).

What you have to do is point a domain to the NS of your hosting, and in the panel look for add-on domain ( or parked domain, that's to your preference )and add it there.

1 minute ago, abstractartist said:

Yes I added a subdomain. I joined site just like someone would do if they wanted free hosting. I added my username and other info to set up the account.

You need to add a domain. You are currently using a subdomain in your testing account, and its asking you to add a domain.

So when someone joins up for a free hosting account. They can't use the email like [email protected] 

That's not a good thing. Everyone will  be asking me why they can't get the email account(s). When it states they can on the main page and under What We Offer. Because it's all got green check marks. So that's what people will want. Guess I should have looked into it better before I opened the Free Hosting. Because what you read and how it's stated isn't what you get.

I understand what your saying. So the wording on the main page and the What We Offer page should be changed. Because as it reads Free Hosting gets email etc.. If Free Subdomains get one thing while Free Hosting for a domain name gets something else it should be listed that way. 

Is there a template or anything with information about both options? 

Okay I think I fixed what I think needed to be change on the pages. Maybe Byet Host should do the same for a Free Hosting sites. Because they way it was kind of miss leading. I thought the free sites got email.  But now I can deal with it when the question comes up. I'll just say email is for hosted Domain Names only :)