[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard

Ramboj686

Hi,

I recently got GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard SSL certificate for my hosting website but I'm getting error "The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name rehostind.com.
" . Since I got a "Wildcard" SSL it can also be used with sub-domains but I'm unable to install the certificate.

28 minutes ago, Ramboj686 said:

Hi,

I recently got GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard SSL certificate for my hosting website but I'm getting error "The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name rehostind.com.
" . Since I got a "Wildcard" SSL it can also be used with sub-domains but I'm unable to install the certificate.

Hi, the certificate may take some time to be fully installed. Just install the certificate via cPanel and it will take some time to take effects

Just now, Ramboj686 said:

Actually the certificate was provided by my Domain Registrar and in the control panel it shows that the certificate is issued to *.rehostind.com

*.rehostind.com means a wildcard certificate

Then you must be able to use it.

Try adding again crt and private key

8 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

Wildcard SSL certificates are not supported on free hosting. You need to use a regular, domain specific SSL certificate.

Ohh..The certificate is wasted then..Thanks for Information. Also I'm not able to issue a Let's Encrypt SSL and Cloudflare breaks the site...Is there any "safe" way to get certificate without breaking the site?

15 minutes ago, PlanetCloud said:

As mentioned by InfinityFree, get a regular certificate!

Somehow Lets Encrypt is working on my site tho but I'm unable to reproduce the step to get Lets Encrypt on my forum.
And yeah, Cloudflare will break the site...

Thanks @PlanetCloud for replaying...but you seem to have managed to use Let's Encrypt somehow.And also @InfinityFree you're using Cloudflare..How?

1 hour ago, Ramboj686 said:

Thanks @PlanetCloud for replaying...but you seem to have managed to use Let's Encrypt somehow.And also @InfinityFree you're using Cloudflare..How?

If Cloudflare breaks your site, then it's your website which is not working as it should. Many, many people use Cloudflare on free hosting without any problems.

But it's important to note that infinityfree.net itself is not actually hosted on free hosting. It's one of the biggest free hosting brands in the world, you can't host a website that popular on a free hosting account.

What I forgot to add (and cannot add because of bad forum permissions): try setting your domain to Full SSL instead of Flexible SSL. All sites are SSL enabled by default, and many scripts (and .htaccess samples) don't like Flexible SSL because they don't consider the possibility of using HTTPS URLs without handling HTTPS themselves.

5 minutes ago, InfinityFree said:

If Cloudflare breaks your site, then it's your website which is not working as it should. Many, many people use Cloudflare on free hosting without any problems.

But it's important to note that infinityfree.net itself is not actually hosted on free hosting. It's one of the biggest free hosting brands in the world, you can't host a website that popular on a free hosting account.

What do you mean by " is not actually hosted on free hosting" . I know it's hosted on Google Cloud Platform but how is that possible @InfinityFree?

1 minute ago, Ramboj686 said:

What do you mean by " is not actually hosted on free hosting" . I know it's hosted on Google Cloud Platform but how is that possible @InfinityFree?

Just set it up like you would set up any other hosting service?

But I can recommend setting up one domain for your main website (infinityfree.net in my case) and another domain for customers (epizy.com primarily, for me). Doing so gives you a lot more flexibility in hosting your own site and helps ensure that a phishing site slipping the net won't trash the reputation of your main site.