[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Read a text file

Hi,

I have a php script that opens a text file saved in Files folder on website, extracts some data, and then stores it in a SQL data base.

Works great on local machine, but when loaded to byethost32 free servers, wont extract any data. I've tried both .html and .txt extensions (html is what I really want to end up with) but is returning blank variables.

It has found the file ( I put an error trap in the code to message if it cant find it) just wont extract anything.

new 2.txtnew 2.txt

I turned on error messages and get this ….

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for https://www.xxxxxx.byethost32.com/FILES/DOC.txt in /home/vol7_4/byethost32.com/xxxxxxx/htdocs/filehandling.php on line 11

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/vol7_4/byethost32.com/xxxxxxx/htdocs/filehandling.php on line 11

Any tips on this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by jon

2 hours ago, jon said:

Hi,

I have a php script that opens a text file saved in Files folder on website, extracts some data, and then stores it in a SQL data base.

Works great on local machine, but when loaded to byethost32 free servers, wont extract any data. I've tried both .html and .txt extensions (html is what I really want to end up with) but is returning blank variables.

It has found the file ( I put an error trap in the code to message if it cant find it) just wont extract anything.

new 2.txtnew 2.txt

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for https://www.xxxxxx.byethost32.com/FILES/DOC.txt in /home/vol7_4/byethost32.com/xxxxxxx/htdocs/filehandling.php on line 11

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/vol7_4/byethost32.com/xxxxxxx/htdocs/filehandling.php on line 11

Any tips on this?

Thanks in advance

Are you using Localhost as your database hostname then change it to the database hostname provided by byethost

3 hours ago, jon said:

Hi,

new 2.txtnew 2.txt

Any tips on this?

Thanks in advance

Depending on how your script works, it might be being blocked by the anti-bot system

1 hour ago, Aqib said:

Are you using Localhost as your database hostname then change it to the database hostname provided by byethost

Have changed all the settings to the details provided, but its not even getting to database part of script (That's later when I write the data I pick out of the TXT file).

Its a text file saved in my FILES folder. Another script I have reads the db without any issues.