[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

HELP WANTED - Project MILD API:Server

PlanetCloud

Hi there,

We're currently making a system that allows resellers to create a custom email confirmation page instead of this :

screencapture_mild_logged_local_pdn_api_

This was meant to be integrated into Project LOGGED which you can learn more here :

The help we needed is some response sample from the confirmation page.
Such as "Email is not valid" etc. but please don't send message of known responses.

Some known message :

• E-mail is not valid
  • Account Name is already in use
  • Please refresh the previous page, the captcha puzzle has allready been solved.
  • Security Code does not match, click back and try again !
  • Username cannot be less than 4 characters long
  • Password cannot be less than 6 characters long

Submit your responses here : https://goo.gl/forms/qCWq6GIGgHCEryMz2
Your contribution does means a lot to us.

Contributions looks like this on our end :
image.png

Thank you

Edited by PlanetCloud
Added known responses

6 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Hi there,

We're currently making a system that allows resellers to create a custom email confirmation page instead of this :

screencapture_mild_logged_local_pdn_api_

This was meant to be integrated into Project LOGGED which you can learn more here :

The help we needed is some response sample from the confirmation page.
Such as "Email is not valid" etc. but please don't tell us "Email is not valid" again because we had known and create a proper response to is xD

Submit your responses here : https://goo.gl/forms/qCWq6GIGgHCEryMz2
Your contribution does means a lot to us.

Contributions looks like this on our end :
image.png

Thank you

On which website to test the email confirmation page?

Eh, I don't understand what you're trying to do here, or what kind of information you need.

You say you need "response code samples"? Which response codes are you referring to? Are you planning to parse the output of the regular confirmation page? Are you sure that getting access to the content of that page is even possible without breaking the registration flow?

11 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

Eh, I don't understand what you're trying to do here, or what kind of information you need.

You say you need "response code samples"? Which response codes are you referring to? Are you planning to parse the output of the regular confirmation page? Are you sure that getting access to the content of that page is even possible without breaking the registration flow?

What I needed is message from email confirmation page other than success message such as :
image.png
And no I'm not planning to output a regular confirmation page.
Some known message :

• E-mail is not valid
  • Please refresh the previous page, the captcha puzzle has allready been solved.

Registration flow will not be broken with this.

I will give you an idea only in theory I do not know how they are doing with that api mild or logged I do not know which is the connection with the server reseller but use the one that connects with the reseller make a separate registration system that verifies domain email user password etc the basic data and once all this is done send a validation email from the same website, once the user's account has been validated and has access to the web portal, which gives the user access to create a hosting account, that's where the api or the api of mofh would enter, I do not know what they are using, well once you create the account in the reseller the script will bounce the user from the vpan that would be something like that vp_12345678 that data plus the data of the user as email password and others can use them to create the account in the reseller and that your web send an email with the data of the hosting account created as user password name of the domain ftp sql etc all sent in an email to the user I have created your account and thus can enter the vpanel and manage your hosting normally

2 minutes ago, einet said:

I will give you an idea only in theory I do not know how they are doing with that api mild or logged I do not know which is the connection with the server reseller but use the one that connects with the reseller make a separate registration system that verifies domain email user password etc the basic data and once all this is done send a validation email from the same website, once the user's account has been validated and has access to the web portal, which gives the user access to create a hosting account, that's where the api or the api of mofh would enter, I do not know what they are using, well once you create the account in the reseller the script will bounce the user from the vpan that would be something like that vp_12345678 that data plus the data of the user as email password and others can use them to create the account in the reseller and that your web send an email with the data of the hosting account created as user password name of the domain ftp sql etc all sent in an email to the user I have created your account and thus can enter the vpanel and manage your hosting normally

and for the sending of emails you can use this library phpmailer configure and adapt it to your web script for sending messages by mail https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer

3 hours ago, einet said:

This will be done on Project QUID which will be Free (CONFIRMED).

11 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

What I needed is message from email confirmation page other than success message such as :
image.png
And no I'm not planning to output a regular confirmation page.
Some known message :

• E-mail is not valid

Registration flow will not be broken with this.

So what are you going to do with this?

You say that, but you don't even say what "this" is for. What are you trying to do here exactly? Are you trying to improve frontend validation before it's submitted? Are you going to proxy the forms through your own code so you can parse the regular confirmation page and show your own (spoiler: it won't work, I tried that already)?

Edited by InfinityFree

13 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

So what are you going to do with this?

You say that, but you don't even say what "this" is for. What are you trying to do here exactly? Are you trying to improve frontend validation before it's submitted? Are you going to proxy the forms through your own code so you can parse the regular confirmation page and show your own (spoiler: it won't work, I tried that already)?

About this part "(spoiler: it won't work, I tried that already)" can you please PM me what problem did you encountered?

This is for custom confirmation page to replace the regular confirmation page.

Edited by PlanetCloud

7 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

About this part "(spoiler: it won't work, I tried that already)" can you please PM me what problem did you encountered?

This is for custom confirmation page to replace the regular confirmation page.

The registration session is IP locked. The IP address used to submit the form must match the IP address used to complete the email confirmation. Which in turn will be associated with the account. Would phishing be found on one of the sites on your hosting? Then all accounts of all users would be taken down with it.

If you want to create accounts from your own software, use the API. That's what it's for.

I was wanting to change this email too. Currently I have an over-complicated registration system which involves the user setting up an account on our 'dashboard' which links to the cPanel and then setting up the client's hosting account using Selenium web automation on a server, which runs every 5 minutes. Whilst it looks simple and intuitive to the user, I would much prefer a way to customise the email and activation loading screen.

24 minutes ago, The Coders Zone said:

I was wanting to change this email too. Currently I have an over-complicated registration system which involves the user setting up an account on our 'dashboard' which links to the cPanel and then setting up the client's hosting account using Selenium web automation on a server, which runs every 5 minutes. Whilst it looks simple and intuitive to the user, I would much prefer a way to customise the email and activation loading screen.

I have only just realised this forum existed and have just found the WHM API. So that is how you create accounts automatically. I noticed @InfinityFree have a custom account activation email - how do you do it?

16 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

The registration session is IP locked. The IP address used to submit the form must match the IP address used to complete the email confirmation. Which in turn will be associated with the account. Would phishing be found on one of the sites on your hosting? Then all accounts of all users would be taken down with it.

If you want to create accounts from your own software, use the API. That's what it's for.

I am aware about this issue and we're testing some methods to get around this.
We has tested this system and from all 4 accounts we registered, all of them succeded! image.ibb.co/fsExCe/image.png

Edited by PlanetCloud
A white message

On 8/20/2018 at 1:38 AM, The Coders Zone said:

I have only just realised this forum existed and have just found the WHM API. So that is how you create accounts automatically. I noticed @InfinityFree have a custom account activation email - how do you do it?

The WHM API does not cause any email to be sent on account creation, so you can send your own.

18 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

The WHM API does not cause any email to be sent on account creation, so you can send your own.

PHP mail() function is limited here and according to my knowledge it'll only allow activation email.
Is this true and if so, how does the system actually decides this is an activation email..

2 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

PHP mail() function is limited here and according to my knowledge it'll only allow activation email.
Is this true and if so, how does the system actually decides this is an activation email..

No matter where you host the client API, no activation email is sent. If you want activation emails, is up to you to create this system.

7 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Activation email with php script can also be sent.

However, i recommend to use sendgrid.com or any other mail client SMTP instead of using default php mail

Because if you use default php mail functionality then there is a big chance of getting your emails in spam folder.

Edited by Aqib

23 hours ago, Aqib said:

Activation email with php script can also be sent.

However, i recommend to use sendgrid.com or any other mail client SMTP instead of using default php mail

Because if you use default php mail functionality then there is a big chance of getting your emails in spam folder.

Yes but how does the script distinguish this is an activation email so I can include that.

31 minutes ago, PlanetCloud said:

Yes but how does the script distinguish this is an activation email so I can include that.

If with " script ", you refer to the email script, the answer is that it simply doesn't distinguish. You would have to create a custom message, and for example send that message to a " email body " variable, and send the email with the script.

If you refer to the API, the answer is way more simple. No email is sent. You have to create your own email activation system.

12 hours ago, mike said:

If with " script ", you refer to the email script, the answer is that it simply doesn't distinguish. You would have to create a custom message, and for example send that message to a " email body " variable, and send the email with the script.

If you refer to the API, the answer is way more simple. No email is sent. You have to create your own email activation system.

Sorry, let me rephrase that :
How does BYET's server's distinguish if this is an activation email or not if I use the PHP mail() function.