[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MOFH sending weird API Callbacks?

Yay

4 hours ago, Yay said:

Has MOFH been sending weird status changes like "Sql###"?

It's messing up with my system and causing issues. Has anybody that has their own system and it's working with MOFH API got similar problems?

I haven't faced any issues on my API client. Please post a full error message if possible.

As far as I know, this is a new feature in the API callbacks. After an account is created, you'll get this new webhook which tell you the SQL hostname of the account which was just created, which you can show to the user if you want.

Personally, I just store the data for now and don't do anything with it. And I can't say I'm a big fan of how this webhook was implemented, but it is the way it is.

Whether unrecognized data is messing up your system is of course not something iFastNet can fix for you. Input validation of webhooks is your own responsibility.

22 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

As far as I know, this is a new feature in the API callbacks. After an account is created, you'll get this new webhook which tell you the SQL hostname of the account which was just created, which you can show to the user if you want.

Personally, I just store the data for now and don't do anything with it. And I can't say I'm a big fan of how this webhook was implemented, but it is the way it is.

Whether unrecognized data is messing up your system is of course not something iFastNet can fix for you. Input validation of webhooks is your own responsibility.

Considering the fact that you can connect to the client's cPanel I don't see how this is useful.

12 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

It can be useful if you know how to use it such as to built a "Login to MySQL Database" button so there's no need for the user to go into cPanel first ;)

It would be nice to be able to provide one-click-login buttons for phpMyAdmin, or interact directly with databases. Unfortunately, while the SQL hostname was one of the pieces of data which was missing, it's still pretty pointless without being able to get a list of databases of the user.