[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

htdocs contents not working

Dawn4am

Good day!

I have installed wordpress using softaculous, the htdocs folder is filled with wordpress file but the default page (shown in the attached image) is showing instead of wordpress.

I tried uploading html files to check eg. 'mydomain.com/myhtml.html' but still, the default page is displayed. I have entered random url like 'mydomain.comm/blablablajlasdflsdf' then the default page is shown.  It seems my htdocs folder is not working.

I have tried deleting the whole htdocs and reinstalled wordpress but the problem is still there, what should I do please?

htdocs.png

15 minutes ago, Dawn4am said:

Good day!

I have installed wordpress using softaculous, the htdocs folder is filled with wordpress file but the default page (shown in the attached image) is showing instead of wordpress.

I tried uploading html files to check eg. 'mydomain.com/myhtml.html' but still, the default page is displayed. I have entered random url like 'mydomain.comm/blablablajlasdflsdf' then the default page is shown.  It seems my htdocs folder is not working.

I have tried deleting the whole htdocs and reinstalled wordpress but the problem is still there, what should I do please?

htdocs.png

Hi, This is not the "default" page. This is the page of the domain registrar parking the domain.
This means that either the DNS has not fully propagated or you had not set the NS to our servers.

19 hours ago, Dawn4am said:

Good day everyone!

I have contacted the support tech, they have now corrected the problem.

Thank you all for trying to help me, all efforts are appreciated.  I'm so excited to get started!

Cheers!

Good day!

Your welcome! 

You can kickstart your project with https://github.com/PlanetGamingGG/myownfreehost-project-logged too!