Domain not pointed to ns*.byet.org - Is that ok?

What if don't point my domain name to byet's name servers eg. ns1.byet.org - ns4.byet.org, but point it to somewhere else.

For example to external DNS Zone or to Cloudflare that will be pointed to byet, is that ok? I mean, won't byet drop, erase, or suspend my account for not having my domain name not pointed to their nameservers? (Because byet might detect that my domain is not pointed to byet's nameservers and think that my reseller website is abandoned and get deleted).

----------------

I like to experiment, but I broke things first. :D

1 hour ago, Dawn4am said:

What if don't point my domain name to byet's name servers eg. ns1.byet.org - ns4.byet.org, but point it to somewhere else.

For example to external DNS Zone or to Cloudflare that will be pointed to byet, is that ok? I mean, won't byet drop, erase, or suspend my account for not having my domain name not pointed to their nameservers? (Because byet might detect that my domain is not pointed to byet's nameservers and think that my reseller website is abandoned and get deleted).

----------------

First point your domain nameservers to byet and create account after successfully creating account you can point your nameservers to other dns provider like cloudflare. I don't think it will cause suspension but if you have a free reseller hosting with mofh then using cloudflare can cause problems on your site.

1 minute ago, Aqib said:

First point your domain nameservers to byet and create account after successfully creating account you can point your nameservers to other dns provider like cloudflare. I don't think it will cause suspension but if you have a free reseller hosting with mofh then using cloudflare can cause problems on your site.

Thanks sir, I'll keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, Dawn4am said:

----------------

Hello @Dawn4am

For my experience, Byet doesn't terminate or suspend reseller accounts even if domain expired (if domain is expired, it has no NS lol).

So, as @Aqib mentioned, you have to firstly point to Byet, add it in reseller panel and then do whatever you want.

2 minutes ago, hostronavt said:

Hello @Dawn4am

For my experience, Byet doesn't terminate or suspend reseller accounts even if domain expired (if domain is expired, it has no NS lol).

So, as @Aqib mentioned, you have to firstly point to Byet, add it in reseller panel and then do whatever you want.

What i mean from problems is that signup form won't work on your reseller main site and even subdomain won't work which will be registered (if you use API to register).

So, it's better not to use cloudflare on your main reseller site. @hostronavt

Edited by Aqib
5 minutes ago, hostronavt said:

Hello @Dawn4am

Thanks for informing me sir :) I'm just worried that my account might get deleted for experimenting with DNS thing xD

5 minutes ago, Aqib said:

What i mean from problems is that signup form won't work on your reseller main site and even subdomain won't work which will be registered (if you use API to register).

So, it's better not to use cloudflare on your main reseller site. @hostronavt

Oh,, that's not good, I'm a newcomer in free mofh and still experimenting with it.

I think I have consider between Cloudflares free SSL vs email functionality (which seems not to work when CF is enabled).

15 minutes ago, Dawn4am said:

I think I have consider between Cloudflares free SSL vs email functionality (which seems not to work when CF is enabled).

Personally, I use premium hosting, but when you use free one I will agree with @Aqib, it is not really a good idea to use Cloudflare. Some problems that you will face exist.

Also on free hosting you cannot use Let's Encrypt (due to system that prevents from checking your domain), so I suggest you using trial of Sectigo (90 days) for example.

Edited by hostronavt
11 minutes ago, hostronavt said:

Also on free hosting you cannot use Let's Encrypt (due to system that prevents from checking your domain), so I suggest you using trial of Sectigo (90 days) for example.

Agree, but you can try this guide of @PCTipsGR

8 minutes ago, Aqib said:

Unfortunately, now it doesn't work because when you add site to Cloudflare from Byet you see following information when you want to set DNS records:

DNS Records

Your DNS zone file is hosted by Byethost, a Cloudflare partner. Changes to your DNS settings must be made through the Byethost website

---

As we know, through vistapanel we cannot set TXT records.

23 minutes ago, Aqib said:

I can't see the guide? where is it?

12 minutes ago, hostronavt said:

Unfortunately, now it doesn't work because when you add site to Cloudflare from Byet you see following information when you want to set DNS records:

DNS Records

Your DNS zone file is hosted by Byethost, a Cloudflare partner. Changes to your DNS settings must be made through the Byethost website

---

As we know, through vistapanel we cannot set TXT records.

I'll try to add it to cloudflare manually instead of just ticking enable cloudflare in CPanel

40 minutes ago, hostronavt said:

Here, seems link and quote is a little bit broken.

Interesting idea that you suggested, let's check it.

I think I have to wait for a while, I made changes in my DNS Zone serveral times and my domain is now pointing to different ip addresses:D

https://ibb.co/rQTCHBV

I'll wait until the dns servers across the globe show the same results, then I'll try :D

Just now, Dawn4am said:

I think I have to wait for a while, I made changes in my DNS Zone serveral times and my domain is now pointing to different ip addresses:D

https://ibb.co/rQTCHBV

I'll wait until the dns servers across the globe show the same results, then I'll try :D

Yes, sure. You can send me PMs for not to do it here. Here we will show results only and direct instruction, OK?)