Tutorial: how to get free SSL (major update)

Hi there,

Not a long time ago we have presented Free SSL Space, which gives you a great opportunity to get free SSL certificates for 90 days for absolutely free!

Reminding some features of it:

• Express 5 min issuance
  • www and non-www
  • Free static SiteSeal
  • Free unlimited server licensing
  • Free unlimited reissues
  • IDN support
  • 10,000$ warranty by GoGetSSL
  • 99.9% support of all devices (more than Let's Encrypt!)

Now we have a major update, we have something new for you :D

• 99,9% supported devices instead of 99,6%
  • Now you do not have to enter Admin, Tech and CSR information, we are putting default information for your convenience, because it is really unnecessary as it not displayed in SSL certificate itself. (If you want so, you can still enter it by yourself).
  • All validation files, certificates, private keys are available for easy download!
  • Emails with certificates are sent shortly as verification completed, you do not have to wait for it on the page!

Here is an updated instruction on how to get it on free hosting:

1. Enter your domain name (or subdomain) and click Start.
  2. Enter your email address and choose DNS Method (CNAME), click Verify domain
  3. Save or copy your private key, you will not be able to access it anymore, as far as we do not keep it!
  4. Go to your VistaPanel, CNAME records, and set the one that is given for verification.
  5. Click Verify domain at Free SSL Space.
  6. It might be not verified at first time, wait for the second, or leave the page (it will be emailed to you).
  7. Now you have Certificate code.
  8. Go to SSL/TLS section of VistaPanel, click Configure.
  9. Paste your private key and click Upload Key.
  10. Same with Certificate code (you do not need to copy CA code - it is not supported at free hosting).
  11. Wait for some hours for iFastNet to make it work!

So, what do you think of it?

Waiting for your reviews!

1 hour ago, Dog2puppy said:

free ask.space sounds really neat! If I remember right, didn’t you mention a reseller api? How does the reseller api work? 

Hi @Dog2puppy

We provide API for any resellers ready somehow to resell our product for absolutely free.

PHP library available.

Please apply at info@freessl.space.

• 360 featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PrimeKoder said:

Can it be used by clients having just a subdomain and no parked/addon domain in their account as there is no option of having CNAME records for subdomains??

Hi there,

If there is no opportunity to add CNAME, there is the only way to get a certificate, using Mail Method

On 8/24/2019 at 10:32 AM, hostronavt said:

Hi @Dog2puppy

We provide API for any resellers ready somehow to resell our product for absolutely free.

PHP library available.

Please apply at info@freessl.space.

Hi there,

I sent an email to info@freessl.space regarding resellers API but didn't got any response from there.

Or why don't you upload the library to https://github.com/hostronavt/freesslspace-api

Thanks

6 hours ago, PrimeKoder said:

Hi there,

I sent an email to info@freessl.space regarding resellers API but didn't got any response from there.

Or why don't you upload the library to https://github.com/hostronavt/freesslspace-api

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry for such a delay, your mail was in spam folder, unfortunately. We are not planning to publish our API, because it is closed reseller program.

The reply has now been sent.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am stuck...
I open an account with byet.host,  signing for free hosting, in order to host a forum.
To solve the "not trusted\no green padlock" issue, I went thru your kind instructions.
Got up to step 4:

1. Enter your domain name (or subdomain) and click Start.  OK
  2. Enter your email address and choose DNS Method (CNAME), click Verify domain OK 
  3. Save or copy your private key, you will not be able to access it anymore, as far as we do not keep it! OK
  4. Go to your VistaPanel, CNAME records, and set the one that is given for verification.  ???? HELP HERE!

Q1)  "set the one that is given for verification" - where was it given?

Then, in VPanel\Advanced\CNAME it says:

"Custom CNAME Records

Use the options below to add CNAME records for domains on your account such as for Google Apps services" etc.
and requests:

Record Name Domain Destination Actions
 NO DOMAINS ON ACCOUNT                                                                                                                                      

Q2) what is the SOURCE, DOMAIN and DESTINATION?

Thanks,

9 hours ago, 360 said:

The message's clear, chief.
Your account must have a custom domain to get an SSL.
Head over to Freenom.com for a free one.

But the domains added through the API are also treated as Addon Domains.

9 hours ago, Rec said:

Thanks, I'll try that.

So you can also try MOFH resellers that using API for hosting accounts like that of infinityfree.net or profreehost or some others.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:20 PM, 360 said:

What do you mean?

Ah! okay. I'll explain.

When we register an account with byethost or any other reseller, the registered domain is just a subdomain (say primekoder.byethost31.com)

But when we register with some reseller who is using MOFH API, then the registered domain is treated as an addon domain so there I can add Cname records, etc.

See below pic:

667680487_OperaSnapshot_2020-01-09_231940_cpanel.epizy_com.thumb.png.2671501eb550a150815813f3075ca28d.png

Here I can add cname records or modify SSL or whatever I can do with a TLD added as addon/parked domain.

But with a byethost account I may not be able to do that.

26 minutes ago, 360 said:

Oh, I've noticed that. You still won't be able to get a working SSL on a sub-domain. Even tho you may get past all the checks needed.

It will always give an error while the ?i=1 antibot protection because it will launch an error when it is checked if the cname is added or verify the domain / subdomain by any of the methods to obtain ssl.

1 minute ago, einet said:

It will always give an error while the ?i=1 antibot protection because it will launch an error when it is checked if the cname is added or verify the domain / subdomain by any of the methods to obtain ssl.

Hi there,

it works good with CNAME, because CNAME is checked via DNS, not looking through the page

On 1/10/2020 at 1:15 AM, 360 said:

Oh, I've noticed that. You still won't be able to get a working SSL on a sub-domain. Even tho you may get past all the checks needed.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:42 AM, einet said:

Hi there,

As @hostronavt said, the anti-bot protection prevent HTTP verification but Cname method still works.

Check: https://primekoder.epizy.com

I got SSL for my subdomain.

9 hours ago, 360 said:

Congrats. Last time I did it myself, I managed to get the SSL certificate and to install it, but the sub-domain wasn't loading. I didn't really bother to do much research on it.

if I was testing too and I managed to obtain an ssl certificate in subdomains with cname although it took a few minutes but it is possible to recommend it 😋

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...