[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Apache processes full

Gabar

Hello everyone,,

when I perform some call to my website I obtain this message [h=2]This site/page has used all avaialble php / apache processes allowed on free hosting account. Refreshing the page once the amount of apache / php processes are reduced will cause the site to work We would recommend upgrading your hosting account at IFastNet Premium hosting accounts, premium hosting accounts have MUCH higher resources dedicated to them.[/h] but my website has a very small number of users. The module where the problem appear perform 8 parallel ajax request for populating 8 combobox...I don't think this is a huge number (doing once a day!!) The strange is 6 of the 8 calls perform well, the other 2 (always the same 2) fails with a 508 mess age. Thanks a lot for help

If you use your own computer for only five minutes per day, is your computer 100 times as fast compared to when you use it for 8.5 hours per day? No, of course it isn't. Computers don't get faster if you use them less. And web hosting servers are also just computers, which also don't get faster if you don't use them continuously.

Similarly, there is a limit to how many requests your account can execute concurrently. If you only have a traffic spike once per day, that doesn't mean you can execute more requests at the same time.

The solution is simple: either you need to reduce the number of concurrent requests, or you need to switch to premium hosting.

Edited by InfinityFree