[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Need Free Web Host For My Web Application!!!

silence00

I have a web application with its web server (it's written in C++) and I'd like to host it here if possible.  It has SSL support but the certificate isn't valid currently, so I'd also like a (preferably free) domain name that I can get a valid certificate for it on.  It uses Boost.Beast, a C++ library based on Boost.Asio that supports HTTP/S and WebSockets, and also Jinja2Cpp (HTML Template library based on Python's Jinja2--work in progress, but intended to support all features that Jinja2 already supports as well) and Nlohmann JSON.  

On the JavaScript code, read the comments and then skip down to line 1024; looking at the whole object holding the country-currency mapping isn't necessary.

If this site doesn't support compiled scripts on the backend, then do you guys know of one does that's also free?  Thanks in advance for any replies and/or help.

currency_converter.cpp

scripts.js

styles.css

index.html

6 minutes ago, silence00 said:

I have a web application with its web server (it's written in C++) and I'd like to host it here if possible.  It has SSL support but the certificate isn't valid currently, so I'd also like a (preferably free) domain name that I can get a valid certificate for it on.  It uses Boost.Beast, a C++ library based on Boost.Asio that supports HTTP/S and WebSockets, and also Jinja2Cpp (HTML Template library based on Python's Jinja2--work in progress, but intended to support all features that Jinja2 already supports as well) and Nlohmann JSON.  

On the JavaScript code, read the comments and then skip down to line 1024; looking at the whole object holding the country-currency mapping isn't necessary.

If this site doesn't support compiled scripts on the backend, then do you guys know of one does that's also free?  Thanks in advance for any replies and/or help.

currency_converter.cpp

scripts.js

styles.css

index.html

You will need to get a paid account. Free hosting doesn't support C++ scripts.

A quick Google search shows that it's possible to use cPanel's CGI interface to run C++. But then your application needs to support CGI as an operating mode, which is probably not the case if your application has it's own connection manager and HTTP component.

So while it might be possible to run C++ on some web hosting services (but not free hosting!), it's very limited. If you want to run your own HTTP daemon, you'll need your own server to run it. Or maybe some kind of application container hosting service.