[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

SSL not working

1peter1

It says on the SSL page: "By default we activate a self signed certificate for all domains."

However, if I try to get to my site using: https://mysite.byethost17.com, I get an error: "This site can’t provide a secure connection" 

How do I get this working?

Tx

Peter

15 hours ago, 1peter1 said:

It says on the SSL page: "By default we activate a self signed certificate for all domains."

However, if I try to get to my site using: https://mysite.byethost17.com, I get an error: "This site can’t provide a secure connection" 

How do I get this working?

Tx

Peter

remember to wait a couple of hours for the system to recognize the certificate, also clean the history of your browser and reload the page if in a few hours you can not access via https try to upload the ssl certificate sometimes it does not load well you must to become

So, now I've downloaded the private key from freessl.space and copied the DNS record line to my clipboard. Now what do I do with it? hostronavt's tutorial says: "Go to your VistaPanel, CNAME records, and set the one that is given for verification." The vistapanel Custom CNAME records page wants me to put a source and destination, and a drop-down in between that says "NO DOMAINS ON ACCOUNT"  - I tried putting the clipboard contents in source and mysite.byethost17.com in the destination (and several other combinations), but just got errors like this:

Illegal characters in domain name.
Illegal characters domain name part. 5
Illegal characters in source hostname part. 10
Invalid TLD .
Invalid Domain name. 5..

Some detail on how to "set the one that is given for verification" would be appreciated.

Tx

Peter

On 1/7/2020 at 8:39 AM, 1peter1 said:

So, now I've downloaded the private key from freessl.space and copied the DNS record line to my clipboard. Now what do I do with it? hostronavt's tutorial says: "Go to your VistaPanel, CNAME records, and set the one that is given for verification." The vistapanel Custom CNAME records page wants me to put a source and destination, and a drop-down in between that says "NO DOMAINS ON ACCOUNT"  - I tried putting the clipboard contents in source and mysite.byethost17.com in the destination (and several other combinations), but just got errors like this:

Illegal characters in domain name.
Illegal characters domain name part. 5
Illegal characters in source hostname part. 10
Invalid TLD .
Invalid Domain name. 5..

Some detail on how to "set the one that is given for verification" would be appreciated.

Tx

Peter

Hi there,

I think this post may be helpful to you: