[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

DOMAIN NAME SERVER

fedup

I need to have my domain moved to Hostgator and no-one seem to want to help me. I tried to access and update your name server to that of Hostgator but was unsuccessful.  The last ticket I opened on Byethost told me to go to Hostgator, I tried that and they need some EPP# from Byethost. This has been been going on for 3 months. I  have never used free hosting before and with this nightmare I never will. My domain is being held hostage on your server and my project is on hold because I am not able to build my website. Well, trust me when I say that I will begin posting my reviews of Byethost Hosting, their Customer Service on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and tell my story to all my friends who are   Social Media Influencers .

On 1/23/2020 at 7:48 PM, fedup said:

I need to have my domain moved to Hostgator and no-one seem to want to help me. I tried to access and update your name server to that of Hostgator but was unsuccessful.  The last ticket I opened on Byethost told me to go to Hostgator, I tried that and they need some EPP# from Byethost. This has been been going on for 3 months. I  have never used free hosting before and with this nightmare I never will. My domain is being held hostage on your server and my project is on hold because I am not able to build my website. Well, trust me when I say that I will begin posting my reviews of Byethost Hosting, their Customer Service on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and tell my story to all my friends who are   Social Media Influencers .

What is exactly what you want to do ? Transfer the domain to hostgator, or use hostgator for hosting.

I assume you have your own domain (paid, or freenom)

I understand that you are "fed up" with the situation, but your attitude isn't really helping. This forum is mostly filled with other Byet/iFastNet customers as well (such as myself), not support staff.

It clearly states that anyway.

Please note that this is not a tech support forum!

As it is also stated in the welcome message, for such enquiries you should open a ticket with iFastNet's Support.

Aside from that, as I want to help if I can, and since you say the ticket didn't really help you...

Could you give some more info?

For example:

• What is your domain?  Who is your domain registrar? Have you registered your domain with iFastNet or someone else?
  • What is the issue you get when trying to change nameservers? Have you mentioned that to the support, and what did they say?
  • Did you also ask support about giving you your EPP? Had you not received that in your email when you registered the domain or are you not able to see it from the client area?