[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Status Page

A status page would be very useful for all resellers so we can now about upcoming maintenances, incidents etc. and not make tickets about these and notify our clients. Either in VistaPanel Admin or anywhere else it would be a very good.

I already asked iFastNet about this and told me: "we will see what can be done" this but I wanted to see some other reseller opinions on this subject!  Please do tell if you agree with me. :)

Edited by Dimitris

I think it's a good idea to inform resellers, free and paid the days that reboots, updates and so on servers are made, because sometimes it shows dropped phpmyadmin and so on and we think that is our website and is when you perform some task on the part of the support team could be some area of announcement about maintenance or updates

• 1 month later...

iFastnet does have a server status page. it's just located behind their membership panel. So, unless you have a paid hosting subscription you cant access it. But if you guys would like I can make an external page for just monitoring their server status. They usually also update their twitter page- or used to. Twitter would be a great way of getting those updates. And I agree, they should have one set up for the MOFH Resellers to track and stay informed about performance related issues since they affect all of your clients.

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 12.59.51 AM.png

1 hour ago, MFS Webhosting said:

iFastnet does have a server status page. it's just located behind their membership panel. So, unless you have a paid hosting subscription you cant access it. But if you guys would like I can make an external page for just monitoring their server status. They usually also update their twitter page- or used to. Twitter would be a great way of getting those updates. And I agree, they should have one set up for the MOFH Resellers to track and stay informed about performance related issues since they affect all of your clients.

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 12.59.51 AM.png

This for sure is not for free hosting. And it's a monitoring page means that they don't provide updates about maintenances, downtimes etc. They used to update MOFH status on twitter but no more. Their last tweet on @securesignup was on 2014 and for @myownfreehost was on 2015. 

I have a monitoring page which is not fully useful as it tracks only downtimes. It would be useful if iFastNet provides us these information because only they know what they do.

1. You know we could set up a MOFH Community driven one. I could host it on one of my 23 domains. lol. It would have a link directly on it to report issues and incidents and we could have it automated by sending an email to a specific address that would get relayed and that would trigger an incident opening and an alert  would go out to others that are subscribed to get the updates. Just a thought on how we could ultimately help one another be successful. Let me know what you think.
Edited by MFS Webhosting

That's a good idea but I'm not sure about two things:

1) Information won't be official and we have every time to ask iFastNet to confirm it so we can be sure.

2) If there's an automated system with e-mail sending then some people may create incidents without to be something that is happening.

If you want reach me in a PM and explain me further your idea.

Best Regards,

Dimitris

I will message tomorrow as I am about to call it a night. But, yes I would enjoy explaining this to you further. In absence of iFastnet tools or information this is kind of the only thing we have at our disposal and I think your right about the false tickets. That is why someone will have to monitor and moderate it. I think creating some monitoring pages would be helpful as well. One monitoring page for all the servers and then a monitoring page for specific services like email, sqli and ftp being the most important ones. I believe with all three tools we may begin to have a good flow of information. Another tactic would also be to have a ticketing system to report outages and once we confirm it with iFastnet then we could escalate the ticket which would trigger the automation for the creation of the incidence. But, it would take several of us working together managing this new system. But, at least other resellers would have up to date information and not something from back in 2015. lol.

Well, Good night. Stay safe and healthy and we'll talk tomorrow

On 8/16/2020 at 7:22 AM, 360 said:

You do not have to be a paid customer; you need to have an account in their client area, and that is all.

I already have uptime monitors set up and one that's available to the public. Check it out at https://status.wehostyou360.ml/. It does not have much available on it at the moment of writing this, but I have decided to show only the "essentials".

I will probably be trying to make more of my monitors public soon.

What I am talking about making is a server status page for all servers in the free hosting cluster. A Place to give resellers a to go to for up to date information. I have already secured the domain name for this project and it is being hosted off the MOFH Network to make accessibility available even when the MOFH network is offline. 

I would love participation, would you like to join the group of administrators for this portal and help us keep the information relevant and updated? We are an inclusive community project.

Edited by MFS Webhosting

On 8/19/2020 at 3:39 PM, 360 said:

There's lots of servers if you want to take it that way but sure, count me in, I guess.

I know there are alot of servers. But, information is important to resellers when it comes to diagnosing issues with our clients. I also wrote a custom script to auto run with cron checking the availability of the sqlite DB Server since TCP packets are blocked on the db server. And it works like a charm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, sarveshmrao said:

Hey @MFS Webhosting any updates on this?

I fell behind on this as I have been super busy with upgrading our mail server and increasing its security protocols due to recent influx of DDOS attacks. But, this is still on the project list. I do have the domain reserved and I am researching the best way to build this out and what tools are going to be neccessary in order for it work and be useful. Stay tuned for further updates

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2020 at 4:50 AM, MFS Webhosting said:

I fell behind on this as I have been super busy with upgrading our mail server and increasing its security protocols due to recent influx of DDOS attacks. But, this is still on the project list. I do have the domain reserved and I am researching the best way to build this out and what tools are going to be neccessary in order for it work and be useful. Stay tuned for further updates

So, is it ready?

You'd mentioned including separate servers would be too much, so I'm not sure. Perhaps the part that was mentioned about checking the availability of the DB server itself (and not just PHPMyAdmin, although if PHPMyAdmin covers that then I don't have any suggestions, for now).

On 8/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, MFS Webhosting said:

What I am talking about making is a server status page for all servers in the free hosting cluster. A Place to give resellers a to go to for up to date information. 

I know there are alot of servers. But, information is important to resellers when it comes to diagnosing issues with our clients. I also wrote a custom script to auto run with cron checking the availability of the sqlite DB Server since TCP packets are blocked on the db server. And it works like a charm

• 1 year later...