[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

How to use Arc, LOGGED and any website software on your reseller (Tutorial))

typicalGtaTG

Hello, first of all, I'd like to say that you will need money to follow through, and second, this is a very rigged way of doing professional stuff for your host, but it's the only reliable way I was able to work it out. I'll be using Project LOGGED. Links will be down below.

What this tutorial is about:

Okay, So initially, I intended to build a good looking website for my host, but when I did or tried to, it kept getting suspended due to "high cpu usage." It turned out that the plugins I was using just took lots of resources than what is allowed on MOFH, several things get your account suspended if you want to use those things on your website then this is a workaround to do it.

What you'll need:

1. At least 2 domains (or more than 2)
  2. Actual paid hosting from another company (MOFH will not work). For this, I used my servers, but you can get from iFastNet or anyone else.

How this is going to work:

So, you select a domain as your "primary" domain, and then you take your second domain that will just be used for signing up and the cPanel. Like this, what's happening is that your clients go to the primary domain, which is going to be hosted on another good paid hosting with all your stuff like WordPress, WHMCS and everything else when someone signs up it signs them up on your MOFH connected domain which works as your back end. You can be like Infinityfree, too, and give your clients a choice between multiple domains, which can all work as your secondary domain.

Now, on to how to do it:

First, install whatever you're trying to use to the primary domain and make your landing page as beautiful as possible.

Next, We'll be installing Project Logged on all the domains you want to use. Remember to use v1.8 as that's the only version that supports what we're trying to achieve here.

You will need to set it up on multiple domains (tutorial available on their wiki) 

Now I'll tell you how to make the connections for LOGGED

Primary domain:

turn on domain selector, logins, signups and put your secondary domain as the cPanel URL then configure all the domains you want to use or want your users to be able to select

Secondary domain:

For secondary domain, disable login, signup so that users can't signup through that and configure it properly so that it can be used to receive requests from your primary domain

Now that your primary domain can forward the signup request to your secondary domain, you are almost done.

We need our clients to be redirected to our main page if they go to the secondary domain to make a file called index.php in your root directory, then paste the code below in that file and save it.

<?php
header( 'Location: YOUR_PRIMARY_DOMAIN') ;
?>

Make sure to change YOUR_PRIMARY_DOMAIN to your actual primary domain; This code will redirect your clients to your primary domain.

Recap:

We made our leading site on our chosen primary domain, installed LOGGED on it and configured it so that whenever someone signs up, it sends that signup request to our secondary domain

then we installed LOGGED on our secondary domain and set it so that it accepts requests from our primary domain, and at last, we made it so that if a client goes to our secondary domain, it takes them to our primary domain.

Now you can use anything on your primary domain for your customers to see without getting limited by MOFH.

I am not very good at making tutorials, If I made any mistake or failed to say something correctly, please tell me in the replies, now that I'm making it, it looks so pointless, but I still hope someone finds it useful. Thanks to @PlanetCloud and everyone who contributed to the LOGGED project without their help, we would not be able to do it.

Links:

Project LOGGED: https://github.com/PlanetTheCloud/project-logged

Domain: For domain use https://www.freenom.com/en/index.html?lang=en or https://www.namecheap.com/

Thank you for reading let me know if I missed something out.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, 360 said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Ihave corrected it and removed the competing hosting company. You are not allowed to post or mention links to any other services rather than iFastNet's. Please keep that in mind.

I have featured your post, so it stands out and moved it to the "Tutorials" category of the "General Webmaster Stuff" category.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know about it. Thanks for informing me, I'll keep that in mind next time.