[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Can’t install my website on infinity! Please kindly help!

agent020

Hi everyone,

I just bought the PHP script "CMS manga reader" and want to build a website from this script.
I'm very new to website, so I try to do it on localhost first. And it was successful by doing these steps:

1. I installed xammp, then then copy all files from the script I bought to this htdocs folder in xammp
2. I created a database with name "cms" on xammp
3. I navigate to locahost and automatically, the installation page will show up. And I just have to fill in the information (like DB name, DB host....). Then my localhost website will be created.

So I thought if I wanted to run a live website using byethost10 , the steps above will be similar. So this is what I did:

1. I created account with byethost10 and created a domain name (https://cmsreader.byethost10.com/
2. I used Filezilla to remotely transfer all files from the script I bought to htdocs folder in my byethost10 account. 
2. I created a database name "cms" on MySQL database on same byethost10 account.
3. Then I navigated to https://cmsreader.byethost10.com/, but no installation page showed up like when I did with localhost, only HTTP error! ?

I tried to change credentials information on index file to match with the information on infinity account (like DB host, DB name, password...) but still not working. At this rate I really don't know what should I do next. 

Everyone, please kindly help me! I can't afford to waste the money that I spent to buy my script, especially in these harsh days!
I'd appreciate any help, and I thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!

Edited by agent020

Hey @agent020,

Because you have already formed the script for localhost no setup page will appear. Please not that the DB host will be sqlXXX.byethost10.com (XXX is a number. you can find this in your control panel), DB name will be b10_XXXXXXXX_cms (X's are your account's username numbers), DB username is your free hosting username (b10_XXXXXXXX) and DB password is your cPanel password.

Please let me know if this helped :) 

Best Regards,

Dimitris

Thank you Dimitris! Actually I didn't copy files from the already installed folder on localhost, I just copied files from my script to Online File Manager on byethost10, and I'm pretty sure I have filled all credentials information correctly, but it's still failled

To be honest, if it is needed, I'm willing to show my username and password on cpanel, so that someone can log in and help me found what is wrong. I'm desperate, sadly!

Unfortunately laravel projects can't run on free hosting. You will have to purchase a premium one :(.

Laravel requires things that free hosting does not support.

You can purchase a premium account and claim a your free domain name, then ask iFastNet to transfer / migrate your free hosting account data to your new premium account.

To request migration of your free hosting data just open a new support ticket on https://support.ifastnet.com providing your free hosting username and your premium hosting account details. 

That's all I can do for you

Best Regards,

Dimitris