[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

HTTPS for subdomains

Lebyy

Hey there,

Unfortunately it is impossible to install ssl for reseller subdomains due to the system of MOFH. Also lets encrypt certificates are not supported because of the bot prevention system which won't allow lets encrypt's bots to access files are needed for verification.

If you have any further question feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Dimitris

Hey there, 

7 minutes ago, Lebyy said:

Ah alright, just wanted to ask how can I add text records in the cpanel? 

Also can I use my email to send the mail's on sign-up?

You can't add txt records from Vista Panel. 

You can't use your email unless you build your own client area with the api. 

Let me know if I helped

Best Regards, 

Dimitris

1 hour ago, Lebyy said:

No issues but is this correct?

Your URL: [siteurl] or www.[siteurl]

I wanna make it show something like this

Your URL: https://name.domain.com or https://www.name.domain.com

This is welcome email message btw.

The first part is correct but the second will show www.https://sitename.tld so is incorrect. 

I hope that I helped

Best Regards, 

Dimitris

On 9/14/2020 at 9:00 AM, Dimitris said:

Hey there, 

You can't add txt records from Vista Panel. 

You can't use your email unless you build your own client area with the api. 

Let me know if I helped

Best Regards, 

Dimitris

@Dimitris Actually you can add TXT records using the SPF Records option in Vista Panel. That is how I add all my txt records for all kinds of things other than mail txt records. as long as it is a txt record you can use this option.

@Lebyy MOFH doesn't support domain email due to spam but they allow you to host your email else where and add mx records to make it work. The activation email comes from MOFH mail account and there is no way to change that. Best option is to inform your customers on the signup page to whitelist the from email address so it doesn't go to spam. I would also inform them to check their spam folder for the activation email as well. Hope this helps. You can use mandrill for all your custom emails and newsletters. That is the system that MOFH supports in your Reseller Panel

Just now, MFS Webhosting said:

@Dimitris Actually you can add TXT records using the SPF Records option in Vista Panel. That is how I add all my txt records for all kinds of things other than mail txt records. as long as it is a txt record you can use this option.

@Lebyy MOFH doesn't support domain email due to spam but they allow you to host your email else where and add mx records to make it work. The activation email comes from MOFH mail account and there is no way to change that. Best option is to inform your customers on the signup page to whitelist the from email address so it doesn't go to spam. I would also inform them to check their spam folder for the activation email as well. Hope this helps. You can use mandrill for all your custom emails and newsletters. That is the system that MOFH supports in your Reseller Panel

in regards to the welcome email, to create a www link @Dimitris is correct. It won't work because the www will be out of place making it a broken link. These days most people don't even use www anymore. They just use the main domain address because it reduces typing and gets them to the same site. WWW is still available as legacy, it is just not used like it was in the early days of the interwebs