Introducing MyOwnFreeHost support for BoxBilling

logo.png

Hello everyone, I am here to tell you about BoxBilling's new release and give you some details about MyOwnFreeHost support that came with our latest release.

BoxBilling is an open-source, free billing and client management software that helps people automate their billing process and tools and features.

Early 2020, we started rewriting BoxBilling to get it working on PHP 7.2 and over; it is now optimized to work in PHP 7.4, the latest PHP release.

With the new beta release (v4.22-beta.1), we added support for some basic features of MyOwnFreeHost.

As MyOwnFreeHost's API is slightly different from other server managers, we have experienced some problems while integrating MOFH into our system.

Those willing to contribute can check the related pull request here. We will need to change our database structure to get BoxBilling working with MOFH API, but MOFH integration may act a bit unstable until we solve it.

Using the MyOwnFreeHost module:

1. Log in to the admin panel.
  2. In the left menu, navigate to "Configuration"->"Hosting plans and servers."
  3. Choose "New server" from the top bar.
  4. Choose "MyOwnFreeHost" as the server manager.
  5. Fill in the "username" input with the API username you got from MOFH's reseller panel.
  6. Fill in the "password" input with the API password you got from MOFH's reseller panel.
  7. Leave "access hash" blank.
  8. If you want to, enable "use secure connection." It is recommended to enable this.
  9. Important: Go to your MOFH reseller panel, and create a resource plan called "boxbilling" (without quotes). BoxBilling will use that plan for your customers.

D7e2hiB.png

If you are using the premium reseller services of iFastNet, and not MOFH, you can use our cPanel/WHM integration without a hassle. As this is a pre-release, we need your feedback to get ready for our next release.

We are also looking for new contributors. If you are interested, you can leave me a private message on this forum or check our main issue about new developers.

We have guides about installation and contribution. If you need help, please check our README for detailed information. 

Not a developer? Leaving a star to our GitHub repository would help us a lot.

If you want to ask any questions, please reach me or directly create an issue on GitHub.

Have a nice day  :)

Edited by 360
I have corrected this text's spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes since it may be of interest to our members.
  • Chronos pinned and featured this topic
41 minutes ago, jonaxhs said:

I have installed it on my MOFH server and it gives me error 500, the installation file did not have htaccess which I took from github

My host: https://gofree.host/

Try re-downloading directly from this link: https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling/releases/download/v4.22-beta.1/BoxBilling.zip

I just checked it again, and I can confirm it has .htaccess file packed with it.

7 hours ago, Evrifaessa said:

Intente volver a descargar directamente desde este enlace:  https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling/releases/download/v4.22-beta.1/BoxBilling.zip

Lo revisé de nuevo y puedo confirmar que tiene el archivo .htaccess empaquetado.

I have reinstalled everything and it keeps throwing the 500 error, when I try to enter the admin area or any other section.

3 hours ago, jonaxhs said:

I have reinstalled everything and it keeps throwing the 500 error, when I try to enter the admin area or any other section.

Please enable DISPLAY_ERRORS in PHP settings, make sure you have PHP 7.4 selected as the version, set "debug" to true in bb-config.php, and send the output here.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have created MOFH server and free hosting plan using MOFH adapter. When I order (as customer) MOFH free hosting plan then standard form asking to register or transfer domain. 

My question is how to make an order form for MOFH free hosting plan with registering subdomain.mydomain.com insted of standart form with UseOwn/RegisterNew/Transfer Domain? Is there are any standard Boxbilling solutions for that? 

Thanks!

Hello @Evrifaessa,

First off, thank you for everything you've done for both projects (boxbilling and mofh)! 

Secondly, I'm having the same issue as VeNick.  All the accounts fail setup because the nameservers aren't set for the FQD.  If I could get a subdomain registered for my clients, then it should work.  Could we modify the template to allow for subdomain registration?  

Ideally, I'm wanting to allow my clients that have domains and hosting elsewhere to get their hosting with me setup and then redirect their domain to the new hosting plan so they have very little to no downtime.

Thank you!

Edited by UCantHvItWS
Tag a possibly missed post with the best person.
  • 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 6:06 PM, UCantHvItWS said:

Try changing it to v7.2.

According to the post and this:

On 12/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, Evrifaessa said:

make sure you have PHP 7.4 selected as the version

it should also be safe to have the default PHP 7.4 selected.

If you have had any issues with using BoxBilling on the latest PHP 7.4 please report them.

34 minutes ago, Anyx said:

If you have had any issues with using BoxBilling on the latest PHP 7.4 please report them.

Yes, thank you @Anyx, I should have been more clear.  Not all hosting providers are currently supporting PHP 7.4.  The lowest version I got the 500 server-side error to go away with was v7.2, so "v7.2+".  Depending on what other scripts you are running in the main directory and their dependencies. 

On 3/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Anyx said:

So. I've changed PHP to 7.4 (2 days ago) and, I've still have 500 Error. Also this is what I get.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

1 hour ago, Marine_Cow said:

Hello,

Which nameservers and hostname should I define?

You can use panel.myownfreehost.net as your hostname and the nameserver should be the ones matching your reseller domain.

e.g. ns1.reseller.com & ns2.reseller.com

On 3/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, Ultimate Host said:

So. I've changed PHP to 7.4 (2 days ago) and, I've still have 500 Error. Also this is what I get.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My guess, based on the error, is that you have something causing an issue in your .htaccess file. You could either try:

1. Installing this script in a sub-domain or another clean directory with no other scripts.

2. Clearing out your current .htaccess file and trying to put each line back in there 1 by 1 until you find which is causing the error. Once you've isolated it, make sure all your other scripts still function properly without it being in there. There may be more than one causing the issue. 

7 hours ago, UCantHvItWS said:

My guess, based on the error, is that you have something causing an issue in your .htaccess file. You could either try:

1. Installing this script in a sub-domain or another clean directory with no other scripts.

2. Clearing out your current .htaccess file and trying to put each line back in there 1 by 1 until you find which is causing the error. Once you've isolated it, make sure all your other scripts still function properly without it being in there. There may be more than one causing the issue. 

I've found, that my .htaccess file just disapear, I've seen that problem becasue of 10KB limit. I don't know how to compress it.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Host said:

I've found, that my .htaccess file just disapear, I've seen that problem becasue of 10KB limit. I don't know how to compress it.

You could try removing comments (lines that start with "#") to make the file smaller.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Host said:

I've even instelled it from softcatalous. Still 500 Internal Server Error (I can also say, that like ZeroSSL can't connect it, I'm don't using cloudflare)

Don't use Softaculous. The latest version Softaculous has is a year old I guess. It won't even work in PHP 7. Grab the source from Github.

Just now, Evrifaessa said:

Don't use Softaculous. The latest version Softaculous has is a year old I guess. It won't even work in PHP 7. Grab the source from Github.

I've too installed from github, even 2 times, but still 500 error (It's been before i installed from Softcatalous)

Edited by Ultimate Host
Some small edits
3 hours ago, Ultimate Host said:

Eu até instalei de softcatalous. Ainda 500 erro interno do servidor (também posso dizer que, como ZeroSSL não consigo conectá-lo, não estou usando o cloudflare)

First generate private.key and CSR through cPanel and use this data in ZeroSSL, with these blank fields it will give an error when installing, in addition, use the verification by cname, it is the only one that works

My image editor is not opening, I had to try not to see my cpanel user and my url, since my website is still in production

image.thumb.png.517226fa091c0d441e5596e7dc65a783.png

7 hours ago, Ryan Matheus said:

First generate private.key and CSR through cPanel and use this data in ZeroSSL, with these blank fields it will give an error when installing, in addition, use the verification by cname, it is the only one that works

My image editor is not opening, I had to try not to see my cpanel user and my url, since my website is still in production

image.thumb.png.517226fa091c0d441e5596e7dc65a783.png

Thanks, but I've already got it by mail method.