Hi guys. I am interested to hear what people think are the best free domain names to use with free hosting for those of us that want to make websites better than those provided by [REDACTED].

I use co.mom to make gift shops for mothers day products
I use co.us.org for commercial united states organizations
and co.miami to create websites for Miami businesses

and since finding these I stopped using .tk or even buying my domain names as there are not any good domain names available anymore since everything decent has been registered. These options give me a foot in the door to the US market even though I am in India.

Does anyone know of any other such services?

I'm not sure what you intend on doing but, I'd suggest you seek TLD's which are cheap and short. You can come up with something "brandable" but, most may indeed be already registered. If you are interested in a cheap domain registrar, send me a private message.

• 2 months later...

First off, I apologise for bumping an old topic. I'm wondering about it's nature, however.

All those three domains are MyOwnFreeHost resellers, and they all link to each other (they seem to be owned by the same person, or group of people). 

This part of the post got me suspicious, as well as some other facts, such as the account logging in only once, on the day this post was written (I highlighted what I consider weird): 

I stopped buying my domain names as there are not any good domain names available anymore since everything decent has been registered. These options give me a foot in the door to the US market even though I am in India.

Now of course, this could be just a person mentioning their experience, and I don't like to assume things. But the way the post is worded (especially listing all the domains and each one's use, "I use *domain 1* to create gift shops, *domain 2* for commercial US organizations, and *domain 3* for Miami businesses"), makes me think this is an indirect advertising post.

I don't know what the policy for this would be (because I'm not sure if it's considered advertising). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

4 hours ago, Anyx said:

First off, I apologise for bumping an old topic. I'm wondering about it's nature, however.

All those three domains are MyOwnFreeHost resellers, and they all link to each other (they seem to be owned by the same person, or group of people). 

This part of the post got me suspicious, as well as some other facts, such as the account logging in only once, on the day this post was written (I highlighted what I consider weird): 

Now of course, this could be just a person mentioning their experience, and I don't like to assume things. But the way the post is worded (especially listing all the domains and each one's use, "I use *domain 1* to create gift shops, *domain 2* for commercial US organizations, and *domain 3* for Miami businesses"), makes me think this is an indirect advertising post.

I don't know what the policy for this would be (because I'm not sure if it's considered advertising). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Considering the fact that it is located in the "Domain Market and Discussion" category, I wouldn't really consider it an advertisement even tho, there's a slight chance of it being just that. Many people create accounts then never touch them again.

On 4/10/2021 at 5:05 AM, Archelaos said:

Considering the fact that it is located in the "Domain Market and Discussion" category, I wouldn't really consider it an advertisement even tho, there's a slight chance of it being just that. Many people create accounts then never touch them again.

Yeah, you're right about that, I'm probably being too suspicious over nothing.

Anyway to "add" to the discussion in case anyone finds it, I'll recommend again FreeDNS for subdomains, as it's something I have used and tested for a while and it never disappointed me.

23 hours ago, Anyx said:

Anyway to "add" to the discussion in case anyone finds it, I'll recommend again FreeDNS for subdomains, as it's something I have used and tested for a while and it never disappointed me.

I've heard good things about FreeDNS. Nice recommendation. 👍

On 4/11/2021 at 7:41 PM, Anyx said:

Yeah, you're right about that, I'm probably being too suspicious over nothing.

5 hours ago, BurkeKnight said:

I've heard good things about FreeDNS. Nice recommendation. 👍

The only thing that I dislike about them is that they ban VPN users. The rest is fine.