[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Which script is best

Guest Mohammed1

Which script is best  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which script is best

Guest BurkeKnight
The one I'd vote for is not in the poll, so I'll just say it: Simple Machines Forum (SMF) Combined with mods like SimplePortal and SMF Blog, it can be made into a complete CMS. For example: [URL]https://www.burkeknight.com[/URL] For those who have My Own Free Host resellers: [URL]https://www.bkwebhost.net[/URL] Edited by BurkeKnight

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest CegsDesk
I've tested and used a number of CMS networks over the years. I used e107 for a long time until they upgraded to the new style. I didn't like it...it was cumbersome and difficult to work with. Since then I've worked with OSSN (OpenSource Social Network), Oxwall and HumHub. OSSN was great and I still have a site running on that. It's a facebook clone. It is a great system except it has a serious shortcoming with the comments system The only option you get is "delete"...no edit. Oxwall is ok if you like the cartoonish look. I left it behind due to problems with addons not installing as well as the majority of the addons are not keeping up with the upgrades to the Oxwall itself. I settled on HumHub. It has a lot of features familiar to a facebook user. It was a little odd getting used to though. HumHub uses "spaces" like the facebook groups and has a "dashboard" which is similar to the facebook newsfeed. You can create groups or categories for users. Members can create spaces and set them as either public or private. There are notifications which you can have sent to your email. Also a message system much like the private messages found on facebook. For me, HumHub works well.

• 5 months later...
I know that the thread is quite old, but I’ll answer. It all depends on your needs, on what do you need from a website. But as for me, the easiest in use is WordPress, from this point of view, it's better than others.

Guest DixieKongJD
+1 above. However, I'm running WP and it works for my site since it's really simple to use. Drupal's more of a framework, never used Joomla before, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Roseangel41
I always prefer WordPress [url=https://www.buzzapplications.com/search-engine-optimization/]seo packages prices[/url] Edited by Roseangel41

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zelazi
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Usually, for my projects I use Wordpress or Joomla platforms. They are very intuitive and easy to use, and I really like that. Also, I use website builder servises like this from [url]https://www.webstarts.com[/url] for my others projects. This is a great way to make a high-quality web site fast and easy.[/FONT][/COLOR] Edited by Zelazi

• 9 months later...

CMSimple has become my favorite I started using it before it was in Softaculous, and I like QuickCMS but you need to install it yourself since Softaculous does not configure it right, you always have to manually configure its conf.php and conf-En.php  but thats no problem.  I like these because of the layouts and simplicity to Administrate, another pick of mine is Concrete5.  All of these get away from the clutter of extensions.  Recently I found the best store or Ecommerce CMS to be OpenCart which beats Prestashop all to pieces in that it is easier to set up and get running and add products to, I find that it makes the best web hosting site (or store) you would want for a reseller account.

Besides CMSimple and QuickCMS being simple to use, they also have their own databases which is important on accounts which have a limited number of databases, you can install a bazillion of these and not have to use one of you databases.
Recently I set up a site using ProcessWire CMS which I have learned to appreciate, it does use you server data base but this is an excellent software, simple and yet allot like Wordpress in terms of the front end layout, but simple on the Administration back end.

Edited by SpeedyNet

• 2 months later...

Of course WP has leading positions and fans all over the world. but if to advice WP, we should mention, that there are two big types Premium and Standard WP. only at that point there are pros and cons and eternal discussions around each type.

I just want to say, that except WP exist lot of other gut CMSs and they shouldn’t be ignored.

6 hours ago, Andrew.Nikolayev said:

For instance, there are several multifunctional bilders, with them you can create almost everything you want - from e-commerce website to social network.
one of them came a short time ago with a new design: https://www.ning.com/

Ning.com seems to be a company like wix, so its not a script you can download. And in addition, you have to pay for it.