[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

404 error page

Guest Bruno

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Jesica said:

I want to know 404 page is mandatory for every websites or not, now a days, please share your view ? 

Its a great idea to have a 404 error page ( as well as any other error page ), so that you can indicate your users the page they are looking for, is nowhere to be found. 

If you want to get some extra cash, you can put ads on your error pages, and this way maybe avoid ads on the main site pages, giving it a more clean and professional look; But still get profit from that " error "  traffic .

For ads there are several companies you can use. The most common one is adsense. But this might not be the most suitable one for you, so make sure you research other companies

• 4 months later...
On 5/4/2017 at 9:03 PM, mike said:

Its a great idea to have a 404 error page ( as well as any other error page ), so that you can indicate your users the page they are looking for, is nowhere to be found. 

If you want to get some extra cash, you can put ads on your error pages, and this way maybe avoid ads on the main site pages, giving it a more clean and professional look; But still get profit from that " error "  traffic .

For ads there are several companies you can use. The most common one is adsense. But this might not be the most suitable one for you, so make sure you research other companies

But I've mistakenly deleted my website templates and I don't know how to recover it. And on the web browser, it displays error 404. Pls what can I do??