[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

My site is getting redirected to Google support on first access

planetp2

My site at https://black-bible.byethost7.com is now getting redirected to  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416 when accessed the first two times. After that it goes to the correct place. It wasn't doing that before but it is now. I can't figure out what's doing it. I deleted every file on the byethost server except the index file.

The same index file is used across 5 different sites, but the byethost7.com site is the only one being redirected to Google support.  Does anyone have a clue what's causing this action.

There is a security check to make sure that only browsers can access your website.

If that check is failed, you are redirected to https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416

This explains how to turn on cookies, which you may have turned off. Cookies are required for the security check to work. Javascript is also required, make sure your browser has javascript enabled.

I was able to access the website on the first try. Try to clear your browser cache.

@User51
Thank you for your reply because it helped me fix the problem which was in the link. It seems that infinity.com and byethost.com adds something to the end of the url's that looks something like /?i=1. Well my link had /?=3 at the end which was causing it to redirect to the google service page. Once I removed the /?=3 part at the end of the link it stopped redirecting.  Thanks a million because your reply made me think to look at the link itself which turned out to be the culprit.

4 minutes ago, planetp2 said:

Thank you for your reply because it helped me fix the problem which was in the link. It seems that infinity.com and byethost.com adds something to the end of the url's that looks something like /?i=1. Well my link had /?=3 at the end which was causing it to redirect to the google service page. Once I removed the /?=3 part at the end of the link it stopped redirecting.  Thanks a million because your reply made me think to look at the link itself which turned out to be the culprit.

You're welcome!

To further clarify a bit:

?i=1 is the first attempt at the security check. If failed, it goes to ?i=2, followed by ?i=3. By the third attempt if the security check is still failed, it will redirect you.