[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

A DNS Record

Guest Lapan

Hi. I have just created account here, and I hope this hosting will not take my site down just like that. I experienced many bad things with free hostings. I have domain which won't let me use nameservers, but IP adress A record. How do I connect my domain to existing one in byethost. "domain.byethost5.com" I can't find find IP of my domain. So, should I use some "whois ip" site for my domain, and put that IP in A record?

You can get instructions how to point your domain to ByetHost servers using A record by opening a support ticket in your Control Panel. It seems there is no way to know server IP adress if you are on a free subdomain. Services like "whois ip" show domain IP, not subdomain IP. Edited by Cata

Guest Administrator
[QUOTE=HTMLstig;n871]thats why you need the ip address of the nameservers (which i gave) not the domain[/QUOTE] Setting the A record for your domain name to the name server ip addresses will not work (the name servers do not serve web pages ! ) pointing an A record for web hosting purposes is not supported on free hosting.

Guest pheonex
i have set up a free hosting account and added a domain name to it, i have gone my domaion register and added the anmes servers that were listed and my register has said that my domain name is regitered and active on the name servers, i have a joomla instalation on my root directory but when i type the domain name amazonsnetball.cu.cc all i get is blank page?

Guest bhaktiarpitrif5h
you did not refer docs check you A-record report ............... Response received from 127.0.0.1 for lapan.co.ba: Authoritative response (AA): No Recursion available (RA): Yes Truncated (TC): No Header: [B]RCODE 3 - Non-Existent Domain[/B] Authority section: SOA-record for co.ba: Primary DNS server = [B]dns01.sayber.com[/B] Responsible person = [email][email protected][/email] Serial number = 1391787297 Refresh interval = 10800 Retry interval = 3600 Expire interval = 604800 Default / minimum TTL = 10800 TTL = 1119 (18 minutes, 39 seconds) Additional section: EDNS0 options: UDP payload size: 1280 DNSSEC OK (DO flag): No

• 3 years later...