[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Confused... pls. help!

luca

First of all, hello everybody! I am new to this forum and this is my first post!

I've got here from a link on byethost's cPanel page... This is obviously byet.net, not byethost! On top of this page I see "iFastNet" :/... and then an welcome message in multicolored words... (is this a gay site?!). Anyways, the most suspicious thing so far, is that - on my way here - I haven't seen a single https connection! Not on the login page of byethost (a webspace provider!), not on their Roundcube mail login, not on the registration page of this forum, nowhere! I can't believe that a business that has to do with internet (any online business, if you ask me!), who offers SSL/TLS tools to create your own https enabled site, in this day and age when security certificates don't cost a thing, takes login and registration information over an unprotected connection! Am I dreaming?! Or is my computer being virused? More likely. I scanned already with 2 antivirus programs, plus Malwarebytes! Nothing so far!

Can anyone, please, enlighten me? Maybe I traveled in the past (10-15 years)... like I said, really confused.

Thanks in advance for any input!

P.S. I've got here looking for information on how to access my byethost email without logging into cPanel first... seriously?! Their 'tutorials' are just a mess of conflicting and outdated information. I guess 'you get what you pay for'! I have a free account, which I intend to use for learning some web stuff, nothing fancy!

Edited by luca
typos

byet.net, byethost.com, byet.host and ifastnet are all in the same family owned by the same company iFastNet .

free hosting has self signed SSL certificates by def`ult on all vhosts, and you can upload your own certificates, you can also use https://panel.byethost.com (its again a self signed certificate, however does provide encryption) , our panel is based on a reseller model and there is 0000's of domains using it we do have a n open case for developers to check the feasibility of adding a lets encrypt certificate on there, however that would then cause the panel web servers to have to run 0000's of vhosts rather than one 'wildcard' vhost for all reseller panels which is the potential problem . 

Also note on free hosting your free to use it, were not forcing you ! Premium hosting on the other hand uses signed certificates everywhere, and allows you to install signed certificates for free on all your hosted domains.