[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

What is supported with emails on free hosting accounts?

ukclearance

Does anyone know what is supported on free hosting regarding emails?

According to the website hosting demo templates provided by MOFH here https://myownfreehost.net/templatedemos.php the email feature are:

Webmail
check.png
Email Accounts ([email protected])
check.png
Email Forwarders
check.png
MX Record Entry
check.png
SPF Records
check.png

I have tried to access webmail and the webmail server does not accept any logins. I also set up a email forwarder but never received the test emails I sent to that address and they get undeliverable return messages after a couple of days. This is bad as this was the email address i created for my hosting website which means I cannot respond to any email sent by customers, I can use a gmail email account but this does not look as professional as [email protected]

I have seen another post on the forum which says email forwards and webmail are only available on paid hosting, if this is the case why are they are listed as free hosting features in website templates offered by MOFH?

UPDATE: I am not sure if part of the problem is that my MX records are not correct. I opened a support ticket to see whether my MX records need updating as I am using cloudflare on my site and perhaps the MX records are incorrect

Edited by ukclearance