[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Direct download from browser

Hey, I have some pdf files indexed by Google and I would like that people can download them directly from the browser. For instance, putting in the address "mysite.org/myfile.pdf" should launch the download. However, with the free account of byet this is no possible (a 404 error is displayed). Is there something wrong in my settings, permissions or whatever?

14 hours ago, Huldrich said:

Hey, I have some pdf files indexed by Google and I would like that people can download them directly from the browser. For instance, putting in the address "mysite.org/myfile.pdf" should launch the download. However, with the free account of byet this is no possible (a 404 error is displayed). Is there something wrong in my settings, permissions or whatever?

Hello!

This should be possible with Byet Hosting. Just upload your file to the htdocs folder.

You also need to make sure that the files have a maximum of 10MB.

Please note though, exclusive file sharing sites are not allowed on Free Hosting.

Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile I realized that it was just an error with an upper case letter. In the link, the first letter was lower case, on the byet server it was upper case...