[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard

Ramboj686

6 minutes ago, InfinityFree said:

Just set it up like you would set up any other hosting service?

But I can recommend setting up one domain for your main website (infinityfree.net in my case) and another domain for customers (epizy.com primarily, for me). Doing so gives you a lot more flexibility in hosting your own site and helps ensure that a phishing site slipping the net won't trash the reputation of your main site.

Ohh...Actually I was gonna do something like that (Still planning) at first but i was thinking of only signing up on the other site ..f#@k brilliant man

11 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

If Cloudflare breaks your site, then it's your website which is not working as it should. Many, many people use Cloudflare on free hosting without any problems.

But it's important to note that infinityfree.net itself is not actually hosted on free hosting. It's one of the biggest free hosting brands in the world, you can't host a website that popular on a free hosting account.

I think @PlanetCloud is talking about a website for MyOwnFreeHost.

My suggestion is to use cloudflare from within cPanel of you MyOwnFreeHost account

other free website (not reseller websites using default theem) can use cloudflare without getting broken

17 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Cloudflare SSL works fine but what I meant by "breaking" the site is that upon creating a subdomain whether it's from cpanel or thru signup forms, we had to manually add an A record to Cloudflare for it to solve the DNS.
If this is not done, then the new subdomain (even after 3 days) will still shows up as DNS_NOT_FOUND.

Cloudflare actually has an API for this sort of thing but here's the problem :

1. You only know the subdomain but you did not know the server IP the domain is hosted.
  2. IP can change from time to time
  3. The IP is not the same for all accounts even if it is your subdomain

So with this, I do not recomend Cloudflare for Reseller account, but I do recomend it for non-reseller account/sites.

If you attach your website via cPanel to cloudflare than you don't need to take care for A records. It will not cause any problem

11 hours ago, Aqib said:

If you attach your website via cPanel to cloudflare than you don't need to take care for A records. It will not cause any problem

I tried this it worked but not for Sub-Domains and also the SSL is activated but CloudFlare is not showing status of the SSL.

11 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Hmmm, I'll try this method later...

ok

5 hours ago, Ramboj686 said:

I tried this it worked but not for Sub-Domains and also the SSL is activated but CloudFlare is not showing status of the SSL.

Cloudflare activate SSL on your website. I had tried and it worked and doesn't cause any problem on my website

16 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

The site is secured with SSL https://rehostind.com

But I dont know if this works for subdomain or not

It is secured but not working for Sub-Domains except cpanel.rehostind.com....Currently I've opted for Premium Trial so can't experiment on site...

1 hour ago, PlanetCloud said:

I think the subdomain owner (Client) has to do this on their own.
Im not sure about this tho but to my knowledge, thats how it works

Sub-domain can not be attached to cloud flare. Only addon domains can be attached