[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

How to edit php.ini file

William

9 hours ago, William said:

How do I edit the php.ini file of my website?

If you are using a shared web hosting plan, you cant. This file is the same for everyone on the server, meaning that any changes would apply to all websites on that server.

Else, if you for example have a web server on a vps, you should find it on the web server installation directory.

22 hours ago, William said:

How do I edit the php.ini file of my website?

In my thoughts you can change php.ini file on shared hosting by creating php.ini and user.ini in a public_html folder. You will also find option php INI editor in your website cPanel from where you can easily modify php.ini file of your website

Note: If you are trying to increase max upload file size limit using php.ini file for free hosting than it's not possible. However, you can change max upload file size limit on premium hosting using php.ini file.

12 hours ago, mike said:

If you are using a shared web hosting plan, you cant. This file is the same for everyone on the server, meaning that any changes would apply to all websites on that server.

Else, if you for example have a web server on a vps, you should find it on the web server installation directory.

I'm hosting free on byet.host

5 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Whats the price and there's no way that a SHARED hosting (Other than VPS) allows you to do that because PHP.INI files is applied to all websites inside that server, so if the php.ini file changes, every single site in that server will have that configuration which may lead to security issues.

I am using shared hosting and they allow me to modify php.ini and user.ini files. 

No, php.ini doesn't apply to all websites it's only apply to that website on which we use it.

BjcVPPb.png

I had used it. I almost have 4 websites on shared hosting 3 websites are hosted on other shared hosting and one website is hosted on other shared hosting and for all of them i can modify php.ini file

1 hour ago, PlanetCloud said:

Wow, I never know such option exsisted...
I can't ask the hosting provider here tho, it will ruin BYET xD

try adding me on discord : PlanetGamingGG#9239

I had sent you a friend request on discord 

MAHOfficial#6891