[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Add Powered by text credit on all Clients Website

1 hour ago, Mauwiks said:

I actually prefered to host WordPress based sites. Will this code work?

I haven't tested it with wordpress. The HTML will work, but, it could cause issues with WP. Try it, and, if it doesn't play well with WP you can always remove it. IMO, unless you're blogging, static (HTML) sites are better for performance and security than WP.

14 hours ago, PlanetCloud said:

Hi @Mauwiks,

What you're doing there is called "Forced-Ads" and most people hate it.
I highly suggest that you tell the user before signup that there are forced ads as the aftermath can be distasterous.

I did the same thing as @Mauwiks when I first created my MOFH account. Removed the "powered by" text within a week, as, it screwed up some sites. 

1 hour ago, Mauwiks said:

What did you use to do it? The HTML code?

Yes....

the bone for any websites is HTML so you MUST use HTML.
If a HTML file gets a PHP script on it, it will be outputed as is without getting parsed and also as mentioned by @Logan L Johnson here :

On 10/23/2018 at 2:20 AM, Logan L Johnson said:

Do note, that, this will modify every HTML and possibly PHP file on client accounts. This can potentially break some php-based applications. While I'm not sure whether or not it does this, IF this HTML snippet is added to CSS and Javascript files, it can cause issues with site functionality.

if the code was injected to let's say a PHP file and there are multiple PHP files included/required by an Autoloader/Loader, it will cause multiple output of your ad code and if it was added to PHP files that does not have a close tag (Which is possible), it will cause E_EXCEPTION/T_STRING error.

I highly recommend if you wanted to place the credit, ask the website owner either thru email or setup a page that says "Help us grow by putting our credits in your Footer!" or something like that or you could manually log into their cPanel and change the code.

EDIT
Remember Wix?
A free website builder that let's you built beautiful sites in minutes with their ADI.
But the problem is that they put a forced ads and user's did try to remove them.

The point is, user's (if forced) will try and remove your's to or they could easily switch host's.

Edited by PlanetCloud

@PlanetCloud Yes, got the idea. I'm working not to force the credit instead. I also did what you said, to notify the new users by email and I will make a content/page for it too. I will not actually force users to show the credit forever. It will just for about some period of time. My idea was to input a script from my marketing tool which it's designed as is. I already tried it in WordPress and as well as in PHP based sites. It worked but I'm not sure in MOFH accounts when using the client adverts panel

11 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

@PlanetCloud Yes, got the idea. I'm working not to force the credit instead. I also did what you said, to notify the new users by email and I will make a content/page for it too. I will not actually force users to show the credit forever. It will just for about some period of time. My idea was to input a script from my marketing tool which it's designed as is. I already tried it in WordPress and as well as in PHP based sites. It worked but I'm not sure in MOFH accounts when using the client adverts panel

You can always send the clients individual emails, and, ask if they are ok with placing an attribution link on their website. Either by doing it themselves, or, you signing into their cPanel account.