[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Infinityfree FTP Software Change

InfinityFree has offered MonstaFTP as an alternative to the net2ftp file manager offered by iFastNet for a long time. MonstaFTP was chosen because it's is one of the most solid FTP file managers I could find, having a modern looking and easy to use interface with a great code editor.

A month or so ago, iFastNet replaced their own installation of net2ftp with MonstaFTP. That's a decision fully made by iFastNet, and not something I have control over.

However, this file manager being "crappy" and "lots of people has been asking to change [it]" is completely new to me. I have only been able to find 1 topic where 1 person asked for a different file manager, which is this one:

https://forum.infinityfree.net/t/change-file-manager/20620

Did I fail to notice any patterns with other people asking for other file managers as well? Since you say that lots of people have been asking for it, could you link to a few more topics or posts from people asking about this?

There have been more people who had trouble using the file manager, but most of those issues were either caused by the FTP server, or doing things which no other file manager would realistically be able to do either (like downloading all the files in an account at once or uploading files outside htdocs directories). There has also been some confusion regarding the master passwords and upgrade notices, but those can simply be disabled and definitely do not require the file manager to be thrown away entirely.

• 1 month later...

I think MonstaFTP is far better than any other WebFTP software out there, idk but my experience with it is nice, it's design is pretty decent with a modern looking looks. Also I find it easy to use to manage site files.

The only software I could think of if InfinityFree decides to find alternative for MonstaFTP is Net2FTP, the latest version is actually pretty amazing! It has a decent design, It's very easy to use actually, I personally think that this software is great.

Edited by Arcenas090
Spelling corrections

20 hours ago, Arcenas090 said:

Net2FTP, the latest version is actually pretty amazing! It has a decent design, It's very easy to use actually, I personally think that this software is great.

Not sure what you are talking about, Net2FTP still has the same design for me. Can you provide a screenshot?