[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

subdomains question

markosjal

OK, so I have a domain I wanted to point to free hosting .

I created "addon Web Site" with my domain name in cpanel.

I however use subdomains to control language, so for instance when they land on the page if the browser's preferred language is Spanish they see it in Spanish but then they have the ability to force the language to English which would take them to en.mydomain.com, php handles the language based on subdomain. However it seems that this hosting ASSUMES a subdomain should point to a folder however In this case I need it to point to the same as the webroot (the rest is done in PHP) . I also need a subdomain that points to a completely different IP and these subdomains do not seem possible with the DNS that comes with the hosting. So I can not use my domain registrar's DNS with free hosting and can not really create REAL subdomains with the DNS that is included. Is this all correct? It makes no sense to bother with a subdomain if it is just directing to a folder anyway.

I thought I would try this free hosting because it supports php and claims to have subdomain support but I can see it is limited to their idea of subdomain support and does not even support a "real" subdomain on a different host.

Also noteworthy... it looks like they have a dangerous bug in the subdomain creation tool. The drop down for the subdomain creation allows me to select a domain other than my own.

Edited by markosjal