Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, InfinityFree said:

But iFastNet also sells domain names already and puts their domain registration options in the control panel already. Why would they help someone cut into their profits by letting others sell the same service they sell themselves?

I guess that why I said resell and not sell. What I asked for is some API's which could be used to search, buy and manage domain names along with hosting. The control panel shouldn't just redirect to iFastNet when someone has to manage their domain or buy one. Why can't they do so through our own website?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 7:29 AM, Shouvik Mitra said:

I guess that why I said resell and not sell. What I asked for is some API's which could be used to search, buy and manage domain names along with hosting. The control panel shouldn't just redirect to iFastNet when someone has to manage their domain or buy one. Why can't they do so through our own website?

iFastNet wants people to upgrade to iFastNet. That doesn't happen if everything is sold white label through your own website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 6:55 PM, InfinityFree said:

iFastNet wants people to upgrade to iFastNet. That doesn't happen if everything is sold white label through your own website.

You don't really get what Byet does here! Do you?
The main motive of a reseller program is to open multiple shops/portals for the same service. By signing up with myownfreehost you agree to offer their service by creating and managing your own shop (your website). So, at the end of the day if there is a sale, the profit still goes to iFastNet and in return what you get is a commision (affiliates). Thus, if someone is upgrading via my site, isn't it obvious that iFastNet is making a sell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, Shouvik Mitra said:

You don't really get what Byet does here! Do you?
The main motive of a reseller program is to open multiple shops/portals for the same service. By signing up with myownfreehost you agree to offer their service by creating and managing your own shop (your website). So, at the end of the day if there is a sale, the profit still goes to iFastNet and in return what you get is a commision (affiliates). Thus, if someone is upgrading via my site, isn't it obvious that iFastNet is making a sell?

Maybe we're we don't understand eachother properly, but it sounds like we mean the same thing. You say Byet is about selling services on iFastNet and I say Byet is about sending people to iFastNet to buy services. Isn't that exactly the same thing?

In either case, a white label domain program would harm iFastNet on the long run I think. Like you said, iFastNet wants people to upgrade via your site. A white label domain program would mean they would upgrade on your site. They would be your customers, not iFastNet's customers.

And don't forget that the margins on domain names are razor thin and selling hosting services is the part where a hosting company actually makes money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 28/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, PlanetCloud said:

@Hostingaj

UPDATE : Fixed the submit button but still can't find a way to add affliate links to it.

It may be late but I am just saying.

I had contacted iFastNet recently without knowing this and made same question, and here is what I got.

Domains are not commissions, only hosting services receive a commission.
 

I hope this helped!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...