Jump to content

Creating awesome status pages for your free hosting services!


Recommended Posts

Today I will be showing you how to create an awesome real-time status page for your hosting service and all for free!
At the end of this post, you will have your own awesome status pages like 
Emulasite Server Status for free with SSL support. Uptime Robot is a free online service that monitors your website every five minutes and notifies if your site(s) is down, via e-mail, SMS, Twitter, push, Slack, HipChat, web-hooks. It asks for websites headers and gets status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found” etc., every 5 minutes. If the status code doesn’t indicate any problem, then your site is up and running. If the status code is 400+ or 500+, then your website is down. UptimeRobot will keep doing several checks for next 30 seconds to make sure your website is really down. Uptime Robot is entirely free to use, and of course, there is a premium plan that has additional features which are not available in the free plan. Check this link to know the comparison of pro and free plans.

ctpNrAn.png

Why do you need a status page?

Downtime happens! And being a hosting service provider you should be notified about them. It helps you:

  • Keep your clients up-to-date 
  • Show your uptime performance to others, and especially for the promotional purposes
  • Monitor your server health to see where you perform well

Some Examples

000webhost Emulasite LampStack

So, let's get started:

Step 1

Step 2

  • Sign up for a free account

Step 3

  • Once the account created, login to your dashboard. This is how Uptime Robot dashboard looks like.

    Dashboard-Uptime-Robot-Chromium_001.png

Step 4

 

  • As you can see, I haven’t added any websites to monitor yet. Uptime Robot free plan allows you to monitor up to 50 sites.

Click Add New Monitor on the top left corner. Enter all necessary details, such as Monitor types, Name, website URL, Monitoring Interval, and also select the alert contacts to notify the website’s status. By default, the alerts will be sent to the mail id that you have used while creating the new account. You can add additional contacts in the My Settings page. You can, of course, change the monitoring interval by adjusting the Monitoring Interval option.

Step 5

  • That’s it. Now, your websites will be monitored every 5 minutes.

 

If you wish to add custom domain like status.emulasite.ml, Visit https://blog.uptimerobot.com/introducing-public-status-pages-yay/ to read more

There are 100+ integration available like notification via Slack, HipChat and also guide to configure Uptime Robot if you are using CloudFlare at https://blog.uptimerobot.com/ 

 

*Note: This post is not a part of any promotion, I and/or Emulasite is in no way associated with Uptime Robot, and all logos visible are a trademark and property of their respective owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shouvik Mitra said:

Today I will be showing you how to create an awesome real-time status page for your hosting service and all for free!
At the end of this post, you will have your own awesome status pages like 
Emulasite Server Status for free with SSL support. Uptime Robot is a free online service that monitors your website every five minutes and notifies if your site(s) is down, via e-mail, SMS, Twitter, push, Slack, HipChat, web-hooks. It asks for websites headers and gets status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found” etc., every 5 minutes. If the status code doesn’t indicate any problem, then your site is up and running. If the status code is 400+ or 500+, then your website is down. UptimeRobot will keep doing several checks for next 30 seconds to make sure your website is really down. Uptime Robot is entirely free to use, and of course, there is a premium plan that has additional features which are not available in the free plan. Check this link to know the comparison of pro and free plans.

ctpNrAn.png

Why do you need a status page?

Downtime happens! And being a hosting service provider you should be notified about them. It helps you:

  • Keep your clients up-to-date 
  • Show your uptime performance to others, and especially for the promotional purposes
  • Monitor your server health to see where you perform well

Some Examples

000webhost Emulasite LampStack

So, let's get started:

Step 1

Step 2

  • Sign up for a free account

Step 3

  • Once the account created, login to your dashboard. This is how Uptime Robot dashboard looks like.

    Dashboard-Uptime-Robot-Chromium_001.png

Step 4

 

  • As you can see, I haven’t added any websites to monitor yet. Uptime Robot free plan allows you to monitor up to 50 sites.

Click Add New Monitor on the top left corner. Enter all necessary details, such as Monitor types, Name, website URL, Monitoring Interval, and also select the alert contacts to notify the website’s status. By default, the alerts will be sent to the mail id that you have used while creating the new account. You can add additional contacts in the My Settings page. You can, of course, change the monitoring interval by adjusting the Monitoring Interval option.

Step 5

  • That’s it. Now, your websites will be monitored every 5 minutes.

 

If you wish to add custom domain like status.emulasite.ml, Visit https://blog.uptimerobot.com/introducing-public-status-pages-yay/ to read more

There are 100+ integration available like notification via Slack, HipChat and also guide to configure Uptime Robot if you are using CloudFlare at https://blog.uptimerobot.com/ 

 

*Note: This post is not a part of any promotion, I and/or Emulasite is in no way associated with Uptime Robot, and all logos visible are a trademark and property of their respective owner.

Thank for the article @Shouvik Mitra!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shouvik Mitra

Your signup from is not working, your client's site are proably down, since you use CloudFlare by changing NS and not from VistaPanel.

To make signup form work again, you need to replace order.emulasite.ml with https://securesignup.net

And also, disable CloudFlare for EmulaSite, as it will break your client's websites, you can check some of them to see for yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PCTipsGR said:

@Shouvik Mitra

Your signup from is not working, your client's site are proably down, since you use CloudFlare by changing NS and not from VistaPanel.

To make signup form work again, you need to replace order.emulasite.ml with https://securesignup.net

And also, disable CloudFlare for EmulaSite, as it will break your client's websites, you can check some of them to see for yourself.

Forget the seconde one, somehow it doesn't...

How did you get HTTPS SSL for subdomain? Please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@PCTipsGR

Let me take a moment to answer you one by one:

  1. We select PING (Seems you got it!)
  2. All our resell sites are up and running, and there seems to be no problem with Emulasite Sign up at our end. If you are facing some difficulty registering, or have detected a bug at Emulasite, you can write to me personally at shouvik@mitra.ooo. If you are an existing customer at Emulasite, please raise a ticket about your complaint or write to us at support@emulasite.ml
  3. I have activated Flexible SSL Option via CloudFlare, keep in mind some issues that you might face after enabling CloudFlare at one of your Reseller Domains,
    1. Email from external servers doesn't work. Even though inbound email traffic seems to work perfectly, that is why we had to do a clever workaround and migrating our mail server to Yandex
    2. You might face some difficulty at registration time, stating iFastNet took too long to respond, but that seems to hinder the actual account creation and it can be solved by just refreshing the page

Rest assured all our systems are running smoothly, to see our system status, visit https://status.emulasite.ml

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shouvik Mitra said:

@PCTipsGR

Let me take a moment to answer you one by one:

  1. We select PING (Seems you got it!)
  2. All our resell sites are up and running, and there seems to be no problem with Emulasite Sign up at our end. If you are facing some difficulty registering, or have detected a bug at Emulasite, you can write to me personally at shouvik@mitra.ooo. If you are an existing customer at Emulasite, please raise a ticket about your complaint or write to us at support@emulasite.ml
  3. I have activated Flexible SSL Option via CloudFlare, keep in mind some issues that you might face after enabling CloudFlare at one of your Reseller Domains,
    1. Email from external servers doesn't work. Even though inbound email traffic seems to work perfectly, that is why we had to do a clever workaround and migrating our mail server to Yandex
    2. You might face some difficulty at registration time, stating iFastNet took too long to respond, but that seems to hinder the actual account creation and it can be solved by just refreshing the page

Rest assured all our systems are running smoothly, to see our system status, visit https://status.emulasite.ml

How did you enable CloudFlare in the first place? Did you register and change nameservers or from vPanel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, InfinityFree said:

Nobody can ping the free hosting servers because they block ping.

In this case however, you have to select the PING mode. It works, and when the server is down it notifies you, so I assume it is not a normal PING mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...