[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Use domain name for hosting a server

I am just getting into this whole domain hosting thing and was after a little help.

I am going to be hosting a minecraft server from my home server pc, i have an ip address for this server and it works fine, i want to give a domain name (eg. www.xxxxxx.byethost8.com) to people to join instead of giving them an ip, how can i get the domain name to redirect to an ip address? is this a dumb question?

15 hours ago, BastelPichi2 said:

Go to https://s.pichisdns.com. In the name field, fill in your any random name you like, (e.g. trollywally361mc). In the Destination field, fill in your IP too. Select A and s.pichisdns.com.

After that, Go to vPanel, login, go to CNAME records and create an record:
Name: mc (or whatever you like)
Destination: name.s.pichisdns.com (in this example trollywally361mc.s.pichisdns.com).

This only works if you have the mc server running on the default port, if its on a different port you have to add it after your domain when connecting to the server.

If your IP changes, just create a new record with the new IP on the tool, delete the existing CNAME record and create a new one.

Hope this helped!

holy heck, you're amazing, thank you ahaha