[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Xera Lite || MyOwnFreeHost Clientarea

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

new xera landing page. 

Looks good, except the buttons in the header and footer kind of blend into the background a bit. 

As for SSL, I am going to vote LetsEncript. But if Self Signed become an option, I vote that instead. 

Edited by TinkerMan

4 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

Looks good, except the buttons in the header and footer kind of blend into the background a bit. 

As for SSL, I am going to vote LetsEncript. But if Self Signed become an option, I vote that instead. 

Self signed can be used with Lets Encrypt because they both have almost same structure. 

7 hours ago, GraveyardEnthuisast said:

Anyone know how to get a free ssl as it is a requirement for xera. Kind of need it as it is a requirement. Tried cloudflare but when I go to https://example.com it says

This site can’t provide a secure connection

randomdomainignore.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

well you can use zeroSSL or GoGetSSL instead.

17 minutes ago, TitanHost said:

Hi 👋

Would you have any suggestions on how to? Just drag and drop new files? But then I guess its a guess as to what files have been updated? Thanks

You can just go to Xera's github repository and then on upper right section you will see a backward icon you will see the last updated files there. 

Good things take time! Also, after the release that you want to implement drops, you probably want to check it over all its security stuff just in case. I have a feeling that RoyalityFree got hacked because they forgot that step (Just a guess, as they disappeared suddenly and their client area contained many security errors). 

2 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

Good things take time! Also, after the release that you want to implement drops, you probably want to check it over all its security stuff just in case. I have a feeling that RoyalityFree got hacked because they forgot that step (Just a guess, as they disappeared suddenly and their client area contained many security errors). 

that's right. everything takes time.

6 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

You can just go to Xera's github repository and then on upper right section you will see a backward icon you will see the last updated files there. 

Okay thanks for your help.

Just out of curiosity, why does it take 72 hours for the system to pick up the account even though its being created in MOFH backend?

44 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

Well that is kind of how the internet works.

I recommend you watch this video in order to get a basic understanding of what actually happens.

I understand how DNS works, I didn't know that's what it was waiting on. Without using Xera my customers accounts are created almost instantly, this way its three days. That's the bit I was referring to as a shame.

30 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

Ah. I have not used Xera yet, so I am afraid I jumped to a conclusion there, my apologies. 

While accounts were created almost immedetly with MOFHY, someone it took 72 hours for  the domains to be visible.

For the reason this delay is in Xera, you would have to ask @Mahtab Hassan

Yeah, Im testing it out, there's a few bugs i.e like sending emails, they send but the support ticket ID doesn't carry across so the links don't work, but then I haven't been able to get account details yet since creating the accounts yesterday. Reason I haven't used MOFHY is due to the security flaw.