[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Some control panels for mofh

Ostad Fardeen

On 10/21/2022 at 8:17 PM, BastelPichi said:

However thats discontinued.

I'm not really sure of that; I changed it to "Paused" because of what @Mahtab Hassan mentioned here: https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera/issues/49#issuecomment-1245020109

I will introduce something new after a few months.

I'm not really sure if "something new" meant a new client area, or new features to Xera, I interpreted it as the latter because of the previous conversation, and because I don't think it'd be easier to make an entirely new project while he's busy.

In any case, Xera will not be receiving new features anytime soon, not by its core maintainer anyway; there has been activity by contributors in the past though, and some have expressed to continue development if they have more time.

Like you said though:

On 10/21/2022 at 8:17 PM, BastelPichi said:

Currently, the only one somewhat secure is Xera.

So it is the only current option. Available at https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera.

12 hours ago, Anyx said:

I'm not really sure of that; I changed it to "Paused" because of what @Mahtab Hassan mentioned here: https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera/issues/49#issuecomment-1245020109

I'm not really sure if "something new" meant a new client area, or new features to Xera, I interpreted it as the latter because of the previous conversation, and because I don't think it'd be easier to make an entirely new project while he's busy.

In any case, Xera will not be receiving new features anytime soon, not by its core maintainer anyway; there has been activity by contributors in the past though, and some have expressed to continue development if they have more time.

Like you said though:

So it is the only current option. Available at https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera.

i have developed something new and i will release it within a week or two.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, Mahtab Hassan said:

i have developed something new and i will release it within a week or two.

Oh, interesting! Sad that Xera will no longer be updated, but it will probably be for the best. Looking forward to see what this new system will feature.

9 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

Checkout our new mofh clientarea at https://github.com/mahtab2003/MOFH-R

Ok, cool!

Thank you very much for this. I haven't really taken an in depth look yet. Few questions.

1. Does it use the same hashing method as Xera, so user passwords don't all have to be reset

2. Does it have protection of SQL Injections, CSRF, XSS, etc.. (all the problems that were present in MOFHY)

3. Is it built upon a framework like Xera was?

4. Can I just use the same database as I did for Xera, or are there some minor differences (you said they were similar?)

5. How committed are you to this project? This is the 4th client area. I'll be having to remake the front end for the 3rd time (Hustal, MOFHY, Xera, now MOFHR)

6. Does this have anything Xera doesn't have? Or vice-versa, is this lacking some features? I see SitePro isn't included in the readme

7. Can you set up custom email templates?

8. Do you need to set up a callback URL? MOFHY didn't have one and many API features didn't work (such as suspensions)

Once again thank you for the contribution! Your work gets higher and higher quality over the years, hopefully this isn't an exception!

9 hours ago, User51 said:

Ok, cool!

Thank you very much for this. I haven't really taken an in depth look yet. Few questions.

1. Does it use the same hashing method as Xera, so user passwords don't all have to be reset

2. Does it have protection of SQL Injections, CSRF, XSS, etc.. (all the problems that were present in MOFHY)

3. Is it built upon a framework like Xera was?

4. Can I just use the same database as I did for Xera, or are there some minor differences (you said they were similar?)

5. How committed are you to this project? This is the 4th client area. I'll be having to remake the front end for the 3rd time (Hustal, MOFHY, Xera, now MOFHR)

6. Does this have anything Xera doesn't have? Or vice-versa, is this lacking some features? I see SitePro isn't included in the readme

7. Can you set up custom email templates?

8. Do you need to set up a callback URL? MOFHY didn't have one and many API features didn't work (such as suspensions)

Once again thank you for the contribution! Your work gets higher and higher quality over the years, hopefully this isn't an exception!

1. Yes it uses the same hashing algorithms for password hashing so you don't need to reset any password.

2. This is a way better and secure then Xera and MOFHY.

3. This is also built on Codeignitor 3.

4. You can migrate from Xera to MOFH-R using a file i will upload that soon.

5. This system uses same template for admin panel and user panel so you don't have to edit a file multiple times. You can also use Xera template files with some little changes.

6. Xera doesn't have 2 Factor Verification, Self Signed Certificate and some other security patches.

7. Yes, like as you did in Xera.

8. You need to set MOFH Callback URL and GoGetSSL Hook URL as well.

That's all for now.

5 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

3. This is also built on Codeignitor 3.

Why didn't you choose to build it on 4? If I remember correctly, this was an issue that had been brought up in old Xera, migrating it from 3 to 4. What made you choose 3 again?

5 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

2. This is a way better and secure then Xera and MOFHY.

Do you mention somewhere how security has improved over Xera, for example?

Also, some of the tutorials in your forum confuse me a little, for example this:

You can implement your own MOFH-R clientarea template by following theese steps:

• Make new directory in /public/custom in your MOFH-R installation.
  • Copy all files from /public/public to /public/custom directory.

In https://github.com/mahtab2003/MOFH-R/tree/master/public, there is no public folder, only default and custom, and custom seems to already have files there that function as a a template. Unless that folder you mention gets created in the installation, in which case I'll test it myself and probably move that discussion to your forum.

Nice to see the release! I'll be following the development and will make a test installation soon :)

Edited by Anyx

4 hours ago, Anyx said:

Why didn't you choose to build it on 4? If I remember correctly, this was an issue that had been brought up in old Xera, migrating it from 3 to 4. What made you choose 3 again?

My computer doesn't support php 7.4 or above and Codeignitor 4 requires minimum php version 7.4

I will describe security patches soon.

9 hours ago, ChippyTech said:

What about BoxBilling?

That's dead; development has moved to FOSSBilling. There's an old MOFH implementation made by @Hostingaj (I can't ping the new username for some reason), but I'm not sure if it still works. It can be found on https://github.com/boxbilling/extensions/blob/master/bb-library/Server/Manager/MOFH.php

FOSSBilling follows an "if you wish to see something, contribute it" approach (which I agree with); so in general if the current MOFH module does not work well for you, and you're familiar with PHP, feel free to pick it up and work on it so that it works. There's no official extension documentation anywhere yet, so you'd need to familiarize yourself with the code.

But yes, if the MOFH extension works, then it's also a nice choice. 

Edited by Anyx

49 minutes ago, Anyx said:

That's dead; development has moved to FOSSBilling

What an unfortunate ending for BoxBilling, ever since Hostinger abandoned it.

50 minutes ago, Anyx said:

There's an old MOFH implementation made by @Hostingaj (I can't ping the new username for some reason), but I'm not sure if it still works.

I don't think it ever did. The username generated on boxbilling was different than the one you would use to sign in (prefix_123). cPanel log in never worked either.

Other than that, it successfully made an account.

20 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

Good to hear!

5. This system uses same template for admin panel and user panel so you don't have to edit a file multiple times. You can also use Xera template files with some little changes.

So it shouldn't be too hard to migrate my custom-made front end.

Also good to hear

6. Xera doesn't have 2 Factor Verification, Self Signed Certificate and some other security patches.

Oh, I see MOPHR has some new features! 2 Factor Auth is especially good to have.

What about SitePro website builder? Is that present?

---

From what I take away from what you've been saying, MOFH-R isn't that big of an upgrade from Xera, Unlike MOFHY. It's more of an evolution of Xera, kind of like a "Xera 2." Am I correct in saying this?

10 hours ago, ChippyTech said:
On 10/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, BastelPichi said:

Currently, the only one somewhat secure is Xera. However thats discontinued. No other client areas out there.

What about BoxBilling?

@Mahtab Hassan is the only one that actually open-sourced client areas he made. His projects include HUSTAL, MOFHY, Xera, and now MOFHr. They get better with each new one (although migrating isn't fun).

Big thank you to @Mahtab Hassan 🎉

7 hours ago, User51 said:

What about SitePro website builder? Is that present?

Currently no(will be available soon).

It's more of an evolution of Xera, kind of like a "Xera 2." Am I correct in saying this?

They have same base(Codeignitor 3) but different in structure.

@Mahtab Hassan is the only one that actually open-sourced client areas he made. His projects include HUSTAL, MOFHY, Xera, and now MOFHr. They get better with each new one (although migrating isn't fun).

You are always welcome 😁

12 hours ago, User51 said:

What an unfortunate ending for BoxBilling, ever since Hostinger abandoned it.

Indeed, it's sad the project could not be continued under its old name.

I don't think it ever did. The username generated on boxbilling was different than the one you would use to sign in (prefix_123). cPanel log in never worked either.

Other than that, it successfully made an account.

That's strange. The code seemed to account for this and change the username to the one used in vPanel; unless it failed somewhere.

I second this. Thank you for everything @Mahtab Hassan!

Sidenote: Migrating should be easier to this version, as there's a migration script for Xera.