Jump to content

SSL Certificate on Root Domain + Subdomains


Recommended Posts

Hello! I recently got approved for MOFH. However, there isn't an SSL certificate/HTTPS on root domain or any subdomains. Is there a way to get SSL certificate on root domain and all subdomains (excluding subdomains for free hosting accounts, when I say subdomain, I mean cpanel, www, ftp, ns1, ns2, etc).

Also, I know you can edit your name servers to Cloudflare and have SSL certificate. However, it ruins the ns and the ftp. I want to get SSL while keeping all 4 byet ns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

Hello,
The answer is yes!!! I just made a tutorial for how to get one you can see it here: https://www.byet.net/index.php?/topic/13256-how-to-get-https-on-free-hosting/

That certificate will work only for main domain and you won't get ssl for your cpanel.

To get ssl on cpanel you don't have to do anything but wait. SSL will be automatically generated for your cpanel and If you don't want to wait, you can connect your website to cloudflare from your cpanel and you'll get ssl for your subdomains I think.

IMG-20210528-003206.jpg

I think that should solve your problem.

Edited by Pro Hostinga
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 12:05 AM, Pro Hostinga said:

you can connect your website to cloudflare from your cpanel and you'll get ssl for your subdomains I think.

Won't prefer doing that on reseller domain as it will damage your site functionality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aqib said:

Won't prefer doing that on reseller domain as it will damage your site functionality.

As far as I know, It won't effect site functionality... That problem would be caused if we change our nameservers to cloudflare nameservers. But we can use cloudflare from our cpanel without changing nameservers. That way our DNS controls remain with mofh while we get security from Cloudflare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pro Hostinga said:

As far as I know, It won't effect site functionality... That problem would be caused if we change our nameservers to cloudflare nameservers. But we can use cloudflare from our cpanel without changing nameservers. That way our DNS controls remain with mofh while we get security from Cloudflare.

Yes, activating cloudflare from cpanel will work, but it won't install SSL on subdomains. It will only install the SSL Certificate on the connected main domain.

Also, you have to change form action url protocol to https from http in signup.php file.

But as far as I am aware that cloudflare integration do have some other problems due to which it wasn't preffered.

Edited by Aqib
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aqib said:

But as far as I am aware that cloudflare integration do have some other problems due to which it wasn't preffered.

I didn't know that stuff. I thought It would help him, so I shared... Thanks for the information.

Edited by Pro Hostinga
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...