Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Here is an interesting problem...

I got a new domain name "hostang.ga" then tried to sign up at myownfreehost.net.

The form errored a few times but to my surprise, the site seemed to get set up.

Now here is the problem. I didn't receive any email with any login details (not in spam folder either)

I also can't contact anyone as the contact form wants you to sign in and I have no sign in info.

The signup form didn't get to the point of asking for a username, so I would assume I don't have one.

 

Any ideas as to what to do next???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve V. said:

Here is an interesting problem...

I got a new domain name "hostang.ga" then tried to sign up at myownfreehost.net.

The form errored a few times but to my surprise, the site seemed to get set up.

Now here is the problem. I didn't receive any email with any login details (not in spam folder either)

I also can't contact anyone as the contact form wants you to sign in and I have no sign in info.

The signup form didn't get to the point of asking for a username, so I would assume I don't have one.

 

Any ideas as to what to do next???

Hi there,

It seems that the site http://hostang.ga is up with MyOwnFreeHost default template.

About the form error, do you mind describing it to us? Since I don't encounter one when I signed up.

Try checking your email again, if you still haven't received it, try contacting support from https://support.ifastnet.com. (iFastNet owns MyOwnFreeHost).

 

Thank you for posting and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started with changing the nameservers for the domain, waited a bit more than an hour, then tried the form.

I received the basic "nameservers are not set to" error message (no big deal there as it often takes time to propagate).

I tried the form a bit later and got the error "domain is already part of the free service" (or something similar to that).

I checked the domain (hostang.ga) and sure enough the myownfreehost.net template was active.

Unfortunately, I never received any email (and still haven't... and not in spam folder) so have no credentials to log in.

My best guess is that the first error caused the second error, thus triggering the template setup but not completing 

the credentials (I'm assuming with the signup form, there is additional information required once you pass the first screen)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve V. said:

I started with changing the nameservers for the domain, waited a bit more than an hour, then tried the form.

I received the basic "nameservers are not set to" error message (no big deal there as it often takes time to propagate).

I tried the form a bit later and got the error "domain is already part of the free service" (or something similar to that).

I checked the domain (hostang.ga) and sure enough the myownfreehost.net template was active.

Unfortunately, I never received any email (and still haven't... and not in spam folder) so have no credentials to log in.

My best guess is that the first error caused the second error, thus triggering the template setup but not completing 

the credentials (I'm assuming with the signup form, there is additional information required once you pass the first screen)

Alright then, is the email you've entered correct (No typo's, etc.)? Also check @Dog2puppy post for "+" symbol..

If the email is correct and there's no "+" symbol on your email, please open a ticket at https://support.ifastnet.com. Tell them you have registered but have not received the credentials yet. Provide the domain and email you used to signup and they should send it to your inbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlanetCloud said:

Alright then, is the email you've entered correct (No typo's, etc.)? Also check @Dog2puppy post for "+" symbol..

If the email is correct and there's no "+" symbol on your email, please open a ticket at https://support.ifastnet.com. Tell them you have registered but have not received the credentials yet. Provide the domain and email you used to signup and they should send it to your inbox.

I was able to get the issue resolved through support. I just have to login as examplemyhost@mail.com instead of example+myhost@mail.com

 

no idea if this impacts anything else

Link to post
Share on other sites

I entered the correct email as far as I know (the same email I used for this forum - a gmail.com address with no + symbol)

I can't open a support ticket as you need credentials to log into ifastnet.com  and I do have a different account with them for a site on byet (using the same email so can't just reset password)

So you can see how I'm a bit stuck....

Update: I just tried submitting a support ticket via my other site. Hopefully something will come of it. (worth a try anyways 9_9)

Edited by Steve V.
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve V. said:

I entered the correct email as far as I know (the same email I used for this forum - a gmail.com address with no + symbol)

I can't open a support ticket as you need credentials to log into ifastnet.com  and I do have a different account with them for a site on byet (using the same email so can't just reset password)

So you can see how I'm a bit stuck....

Update: I just tried submitting a support ticket via my other site. Hopefully something will come of it. (worth a try anyways 9_9)

You can create a new account on support.ifastnet.com which is not binded/linked to your MOFH/BYET/iFastNet account

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we discovered the issue. Apparently the domain hostang.ga was previously own by someone else who had also signed up with MOFH.

Therefore once the name propagated, the previous site reappeared (apparently also having script issues causing it to get suspended...lol).

I'm currently in the process of getting things changed over to me.

Wish me luck....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steve V. said:

Well, we discovered the issue. Apparently the domain hostang.ga was previously own by someone else who had also signed up with MOFH.

Therefore once the name propagated, the previous site reappeared (apparently also having script issues causing it to get suspended...lol).

I'm currently in the process of getting things changed over to me.

Wish me luck....

Ah... I see... Okay then, Good Luck!

Edited by PlanetCloud
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, everything has been switched over to me, but now I have a new issue.

There doesn't seem to be any way to administer clients, adjust ads etc.

It looks more like a regular free hosting account prefilled with a signup form.

Is this normal or am I missing something here....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 360 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...