[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Enable Cloudflare not showing in Cpanel anymore

A client wanted to enable the Cloudflare option in the Cpanel for their free hosted account but yet the option appear to have been removed, I have connected to their control panel myself and cannot find the option to enable cloudflare when i looked.

Is this a bug or has cloudflare been removed from the free hosts cpanel? As I can find no announcement to notify if this feature has been taken away. And as i had advertised on my reseller site that 1 click cloudflare enabling was available from the cpanel it has been removed do i need to edit my reseller site to remove that reference?

3 minutes ago, ukclearance said:

A client wanted to enable the Cloudflare option in the Cpanel for their free hosted account but yet the option appear to have been removed, I have connected to their control panel myself and cannot find the option to enable cloudflare when i looked.

Is this a bug or has cloudflare been removed from the free hosts cpanel? As I can find no announcement to notify if this feature has been taken away. And as i had advertised on my reseller site that 1 click cloudflare enabling was available from the cpanel it has been removed do i need to edit my reseller site to remove that reference?

Yes the cloudflare plugin in VistaPanel has been removed because Cloudflare depreciated their plugin. Clients have to manually add their domain to cloudflare.

You should remove that reference as well to not confuse any other clients.

Thank you for the quick response on this cloudflare situation.

Are there any tutorials on how to manually enable cloudflare for their domain if they are using their own domain name resolving using the name servers from byet for the free hosting?

35 minutes ago, ukclearance said:

Are there any tutorials on how to manually enable cloudflare for their domain if they are using their own domain name resolving using the name servers from byet for the free hosting?

They will have to change the nameservers to Cloudflare and set up the domain with CF, then create A records to point back to orgin server. 

6 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

See this article from InfinityFree's community forum.

https://forum.infinityfree.net/t/a-full-guide-to-cloudflare/44451

Thanks for that link, but that tutorial mentions about getting the IP address from the control panel at infinityfree to create the A records at Cloudflare. But the Infinityfree cpanel looks completely different to the vistapanel and I see no where in Vistapanel where it shows you what your IP address is?

If i run a ping against the domain name registered on the clients account it comes back with an IP of 185.27.134.149 would that be the correct one for making the A records?

The IP is not displayed in the vPanel, at least I don't think it is.

You would have to run an IP query for the clients domain, making sure to make the call to your reseller nameservers, just in case the client is using an external provider for their DNS zone.

4 hours ago, Administrator said:

nslookup $domain_name ns1.byet.org

Yep! Thats what i thought. Thanks for the clarification. 

19 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

run an IP query for the clients domain, making sure to make the call to your reseller nameservers